Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing grant for council house

Options
  • 05-09-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi I got an offer for a council house and accepted it, I am receiving the key tomorrow.

I know i am eligible for some sort of grant as I have absolutely nothing for the house as its my first moving out from my parents.

I am receiving one parent family and i have one child.

does anyone know how much i will receive?

really grateful if someone could respond

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

denni26 wrote: »
    Hi I got an offer for a council house and accepted it, I am receiving the key tomorrow.

I know i am eligible for some sort of grant as I have absolutely nothing for the house as its my first moving out from my parents.

I am receiving one parent family and i have one child.

does anyone know how much i will receive?

really grateful if someone could respond

thanks
    You have to go to your Community Welfare Officer.

I couldn't tell you what you'll receive because as far as I understand, each case is judged differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 denni26

thanks.

i know i will be visiting her but i just thought someone might know. i think it is a set limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ruboo

I was just wondering what ended up happening with your situation? I am currently in the same boat and a bit confused about how it goes. Thanks!

Advertisement