Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband in Shankill

• 05-09-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Ok,

I've had enough of Eircom and finally decided to change to UPC, but I've heard that not everywhere in Shankill can get Broadband. Now this happened to me before. I was told by NTL sales (At the time.) and the checker on the website I could get broadband but after the engineer came out he hooked up the box and got nothing.

Before I order and find I've wasted my time again is there anyone who has had problems getting broadband in Shankill? (Especially around the Dart station?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Ravenid wrote: »
    Ok,

I've had enough of Eircom and finally decided to change to UPC, but I've heard that not everywhere in Shankill can get Broadband. Now this happened to me before. I was told by NTL sales (At the time.) and the checker on the website I could get broadband but after the engineer came out he hooked up the box and got nothing.

Before I order and find I've wasted my time again is there anyone who has had problems getting broadband in Shankill? (Especially around the Dart station?)

OP to check if your area is enabled contact the Network Upgrades team at UPC on 1800 940 420 or email networkupgrade@upc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

collier wrote: »
    OP to check if your area is enabled contact the Network Upgrades team at UPC on 1800 940 420 or email networkupgrade@upc.ie

Thats the thing, UPC say its available but I've been burnt by NTL/UPC before and I trust this boards users more than I'd trust sales automated confirmation email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Ravenid wrote: »
    Thats the thing, UPC say its available but I've been burnt by NTL/UPC before and I trust this boards users more than I'd trust sales automated confirmation email address.

The contact details I gave you are not for sales at all. These are the details for the team who upgrade the network.

Do you have the tv service from UPC, you are on their new network if Channel 4 is on CH30 (UHF) as this used to be on a VHF channel before the upgrade?

The new network supports 100mb BB, Phone and HD Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭popsmar

Can u get in broadband and phone without the tv channels and anyone know how mouch it would cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

amazing what a little search on upc will bring up.

http://www.upc.ie/deals/broadbandandphone/

• Advertisement
Advertisement