Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stack and Tilt swing

Options
  • 05-09-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

After getting my hands on the "Stack and Tilt" golf swing DVD's and am wondering does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this teaching methodology.

Have being considering switching to it for a while, based mainly on the fact that I draw the ball and can hit the ground up to 6" before the ball on some occassions (inc driver).

These may well be the wrong reasons to try this out but Im gonna give it a go I think...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

i have the book on stack and tilt...and tried it for a while as a "regular" set up wasnt working for me.

The amazing thing was that reading the basics of the stack and tilt book brought me back to a regular swing with much more success than previous.

So even though i dont use this method...its helped my game and swing no end.

I also know 2 lads that actually use it...and they are happy with it, they say it added stability to the swing where they had none.....thats my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Thanks for reply.

The say the fundamentals of most good swings are in the stack and tilt method and that most professionals do these things anyway without officially adopting the stack and tilt method.

Even the new guy on the scene "Sean Foley" who I think is coaching Tiger, is supposed to have taken most of his learnings from this system.

I'll watch the videos anyway, as as you said even if I don't use it I might learn/adopt something..

Advertisement