Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off automatic renewal

Options
  • 05-09-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how i can do this?
    can i do it online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I was able to remove my credit card on Xbox.com a while back. Not sure about automatic renewal but when they have no credit card they are hardly going to give LIVE or msp to you for free ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You have to call them to do it now, used to be able to do it online but that option is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Call them up, takes just 3 minutes.

1 800 509 186

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I was able to remove my credit card on Xbox.com a while back. Not sure about automatic renewal but when they have no credit card they are hardly going to give LIVE or msp to you for free ;)

No, but they'll suspend your account if you miss your automatic renewal payment. I read somewhere lately that you can now turn it off online again. Only on my phone now, but I'll check it later. Assume it's BS, though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Healium wrote: »
    No, but they'll suspend your account if you miss your automatic renewal payment. I read somewhere lately that you can now turn it off online again. Only on my phone now, but I'll check it later. Assume it's BS, though

Some people get a message on the console, asking to turn it off or not.
    But this doesn't work actually, people still need to call in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mr E wrote: »
    Call them up, takes just 3 minutes.

1 800 509 186

Yep. For all those who got the 1 month for a euro deal (or anyone else who wanted to cancel) you'll need to give them a buzz. Then you can go to your account online and remove the card details there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

I had quite the ordeal trying to get my auto renewal to cancel and getting a credit card off the account.

The credit card that was listed on the account had run out, and I hadn't bothered to change it yet. Anyway, my auto renewal came up and when they couldn't access my account instead of changing my account status to silver; they banned me.

We rang up the xbox.live help number; only to be brought around in circles with their operators. We were lucky enough to get stumbled to an operator who would actually listen to us, he managed to cancel the auto renewal, take down the credit cards and sort out the ban.

He was the only one looking to help us, all the other operators seemed reluctant to even answer a question in regards to the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I had quite the ordeal trying to get my auto renewal to cancel and getting a credit card off the account.

The credit card that was listed on the account had run out, and I hadn't bothered to change it yet. Anyway, my auto renewal came up and when they couldn't access my account instead of changing my account status to silver; they banned me.

We rang up the xbox.live help number; only to be brought around in circles with their operators. We were lucky enough to get stumbled to an operator who would actually listen to us, he managed to cancel the auto renewal, take down the credit cards and sort out the ban.

He was the only one looking to help us, all the other operators seemed reluctant to even answer a question in regards to the policy.

That was your own fault, though. It's really easy to cancel it once you do so before your renewal is up. If it's up, and your payment gets rejected, they temporarily suspend the account. It's standard. I don't like it, I think it's a mean technique, but that's why I always cancel auto-renewal the day I buy Gold, and never have any issues

It even tells you on the console that there's an issue with your payment method.
    Numerous times.

Healium wrote: »
    That was your own fault, though. It's really easy to cancel it once you do so before your renewal is up. If it's up, and your payment gets rejected, they temporarily suspend the account. It's standard. I don't like it, I think it's a mean technique, but that's why I always cancel auto-renewal the day I buy Gold, and never have any issues

I wasn't suspended though, my account was banned permanently, we had to get to someone who would even talk to us about the ban, since their policy is so against it.

I think I should have been moved to silver, rather than getting the ban hammer. Especially since it was because they couldn't access the card.

• Advertisement

I wasn't suspended though, my account was banned permanently, we had to get to someone who would even talk to us about the ban, since their policy is so against it.

I think I should have been moved to silver, rather than getting the ban hammer. Especially since it was because they couldn't access the card.

Sorry, but you don't get banned for not paying your subscription.
    Your account may be cancelled, but not banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

i have my paypal account on it and i have no money in it now, I only wanted to get a month until i got a sub card so i need to give them a call then. I hope they don't suspend me!

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Sorry, but you don't get banned for not paying your subscription.
    Your account may be cancelled, but not banned.

But I was banned, hence my annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

But I was banned, hence my annoyance.

No, you were suspended until payment was made. There may have also been an account ban for an unrelated reason too.

No, you were suspended until payment was made. There may have also been an account ban for an unrelated reason too.

Except the guy who was nice enough to even discuss the ban with us told us that was the reason we were banned.

You seem rather sure that you know what happened though. :rolleyes:

Except the guy who was nice enough to even discuss the ban with us told us that was the reason we were banned.

You seem rather sure that you know what happened though. :rolleyes:

On the phone ?
    Odd, since helpdesk agents don't have any way to see why you're banned.

On the phone ?
    Odd, since helpdesk agents don't have any way to see why you're banned.

Well this guy was working for the help desk and knew what went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Like has been said, he would only know the reason if it was a billing suspension. If it was a ban, he wouldn't know why.

So he was full of it ;)

So he was full of it ;)

Well he fixed it, so I can't complain. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement