Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Ramadan "Burnout"

• 05-09-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

Salaam brothers and sisters,

Just wondering how you all feel after Ramadan has ended and how your deen is. I find I suffer from "burnout" and have difficulty getting motivated enough to do the five daily prayers. Anyone else feel like this? Any tips to help me?

JazakAllah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭whydoc

assalam alaikum

Brother,
    Ask Allah always to keep you as what he loves, remember him in all your activities, begin them in his name, remember eternal enmity with the satan
    remember to fast 6 days of shawal, read this page:http://www.missionislam.com/ramadan/remainsteadfast.html

& this:
    http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/fasting-ramadan/carrying-the-torch-of-ramadhan-throughout-the-year/
    May Allah guide us all to his right path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Just wondering how you all feel after Ramadan has ended and how your deen is. I find I suffer from "burnout" and have difficulty getting motivated enough to do the five daily prayers. Anyone else feel like this? Any tips to help me?

JazakAllah.

I've sometimes experienced a similar feeling after Advent or Lent - times that should act as periods of spiritual recharging, ending in major celebrations (Christmas, Easter), but then often leading to feelings of anticlimax. I wonder whether part of the problem is the way in which Christmas and Easter have become increasingly "secular" in the sense of being more about families getting together and having a party rather than "sacred" celebrations. I was in Singapore last week during the Eid, and I got the sense that for many people, celebrating the Eid was just an excuse for a big party rather than marking a particularly holy day.

Perhaps this a particular issue in countries where Muslims are in the minority?

I'd welcome other views, particularly about how you marked the Eid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

JazakAllah.

My main problem after Ramadan is I find myself hesitating just before I take a bite from food thinking I'm still fasting. :P

As for your problem perhaps go back to what inspired you to become a Muslim in the first place or something else that has been motivational in the past. I personally find the odd song from Native Deen is quiet good. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naq0821

WalaikumAssalam Brother, When I find myself at such scenarios, the thing that I do is to listen or read about Life in Hell and Grave. That works for me. Hope it helps. Jazakallahu Khair

Advertisement