Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eat help

Options
  • 05-09-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i've asked this in legal too but just in case someone here can help :

dp was let go in March - told on a friday sorry you're last in first out , company has no money. he was given owed hols but no 2 weeks notice.
    he has submitted forms for redundancy and all his employer has said is sorry i've no money
    in june he took on a new guy in essentially dp's role but with a slight difference i'm assuming to cover his ass.
    so dp is awaiting a date for the employment appeals tribunal- is it worth his while to engage a solicitor for it or go alone
    we just assumed he'd get the €5k he's owed but i met an accountant recently who felt he'd get more due ti lack of notice, breech of contract (there was none) and basically not going about the redundancy properly !
    we are clueless so any advice is welcomed thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi there, I'm locking the thread because it's already posted in another forum, and because we can't give specific legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement