Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone local in Rush to carry out an energy assesment on my house

Options
  • 05-09-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some one to carry out an energy assesment of my house in Rush, thinking of getting the walls pumped but would probably need some advise I have looked on the renewable energy/diy threads, but cant find anything of help.

Would like to get a ber test done as well if possible. Really looking for best bang for buck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

http://www.beressential.ie/

Just used Michael recently after contacting all BER assessors listed on the SEI website in Rush via email. I wanted to try and give the business locally given the current economic climate. After no replies from some and quite high prices from others, Michael came in just about right and eager for some business, offering a good price due to both he and the property being local.

Glad to recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I used Michael at BERessential early this year.
    Turned up on time friendly efficient and local. What more could you want

Carlos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

eddiem74 wrote: »
    http://www.beressential.ie/

Just used Michael recently after contacting all BER assessors listed on the SEI website in Rush via email. I wanted to try and give the business locally given the current economic climate. After no replies from some and quite high prices from others, Michael came in just about right and eager for some business, offering a good price due to both he and the property being local.

Glad to recommend him.
    Any chance you can provider more detail re cost (approximation). And did he provide any recommendations or simply give a rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Any chance you can provider more detail re cost (approximation). And did he provide any recommendations or simply give a rating?

His price included:

- On-site visit and analysis
    - rating for property published on the SEAI National BER Register (€25)
    - copy of the rating cert via email
    - 9 page report on property with recommendations of how to improve rating and associated cost guidelines to do that.

All of the other quotes I got were in the €150+ category consistently however his quote was better than that and not just by €5-10. Now he lives 5mins drive from the property which was a 2 bed apartment so that might have helped.

Hope that helps...

Advertisement