Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tornado watch :)

• 06-09-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

A TORNDAO WATCH has been issued at 22:40GMT on Monday September 5 2011

Valid from/until: 22:40 - 17:00GMT on Monday September 5/Tuesday September 6 2011, for the following regions of the United Kingdom & Eire:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

no way:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Eyes peeled, nothing so far in Collooney ;)... Windy though. Clouds skudding across the sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wouldnt have thought it with this a polar front setup! ... very odd!

306912_10150370981296718_631736717_10534825_2735916_n.jpg

I only got a max gust of 30.4kph compared to DUblin Airport at 66.6kph! ... Just goes to show how well placed that station . MInes out my back , only at 8ft high and trees and buildings all surrounding :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

35.6 kmh 00.27: last night.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/iwitness-weather/three-funnel-clouds-spotted-over-west-cork-ireland-september-2011/36491.html

Man Spots THREE funnel clouds , west Cork! HOW LUCKY IS HE!?! haha

EDIT: Just seen they arent from today! ... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Two years ago I had to take shelter in severe weather in Kansas. A year later I spotted a funnel cloud over south west wexford and recorded it on my cell phone. I can't be sure whether it is a watersprout or a tornado as it was from a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

25 mph gusts today around 3pm. Was outside at the time to see what was developing but had blue skies and large clouds scudding across the sky at that point, no tornadoes, or even a cloud wall thing-um-i-gig... that i could see at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I wish I had a weather station...:(
    I'm a bit high up (close to 200masl) South East border Tipp/Waterford, and we're getting great healthy gusts.
    If anyone feel like PMing the name of a reasonably priced very amateurish/accessible and reliable weather station, feel free to do so. I'm in a great spot to record weather I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Should find something to suit your needs in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055198754

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks Harps lots of great info there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I only got a max gust of 30.4kph compared to DUblin Airport at 66.6kph! ... Just goes to show how well placed that station . MInes out my back , only at 8ft high and trees and buildings all surrounding :(

You should try and get it up on the roof and tie it on to a TV aerial if at all possible Ian, you'd get much better readings.

Advertisement