Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut butter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

rubadub wrote: »
    I would imagine the no bit is more popular, just guessing since they like their processed muck!, I remember being in NY and getting sick of pigging out on junk, I went to some supermarket, the bread all had use by dates miles off and high in sugars and the only cheese I saw was in a spray can!

US bread tastes sweet. It's yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ye olde PB&J sambo is actually quite nice, you should give it a go. The sweetness of the jam cuts the saltiness of the peanut butter,

No crazier than having fried/baked cheese with a fruit coulis, really.

And yes, outside of certain hotspots, the food in the US is generally appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ye olde PB&J sambo is actually quite nice, you should give it a go. The sweetness of the jam cuts the saltiness of the peanut butter,
    Agreed, salty food + sweet food = yum.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    No crazier than having fried/baked cheese with a fruit coulis, really.
    Not sure about this though. Fruit coulis is mank. Raspberry coulis ruins every dessert it's ever put on. I wish restaurants would ask first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hmm, I have never heard "jam" on any US shows. I had always heard jam=jelly, and our jelly=jello. Since we don't appear to have a "no bit jam" here I thought there's had to be it (or do we have one here?).
    That's the way i've thoguht of it too.
    Even when I was over there, the one I bought had bits in it yet was labeled jelly not jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Dunno how anyone could say they have difficulty sourcing Peanut Butter in Ireland :confused:
    I love the stuff but never got it as a kid because my dad had this twisted and embittered aunt who lived in New Jersey - she roundly condemned peanut butter as strictly for '' nxxxxxs and poor white trash '' - result was we never had it but I make up for that nowadays.

Another food I never had as a child was curry and again thanks to my fathers prejudices - a friend of his had fought in the Korean War and he always told my dad that curry fed to troops there was used to disguise the taste of rancid meat - the stronger the curry flavour the more rotten the meat :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Always have a jar in the press :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 connorcarroll

I luv to make peanut and jelly sandwiches. I used to luv getting them out of the Deli's in NY.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I luv to make peanut and jelly sandwiches. I used to luv getting them out of the Deli's in NY.....

Can't imagine allowing anyone else making my peanut butter and jam sambos! There's a very specific ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Peanut Butter...ugh. I think what put me off was Peanut Butter M&M's... absolute yuck... Thankfully not available in Ireland (although I wish the almond ones were...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

What's your favourite brand of Peanut Butter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 connorcarroll

nc6000 wrote: »
    What's your favourite brand of Peanut Butter?

I like panda crunchy...... but i like to make my own too.
    just grab a big bag of peanuts and throw into a blender....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Never had it, don't think I know anyone who eats it. No bosy else ate in in school either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I like panda crunchy...... but i like to make my own too.
    just grab a big bag of peanuts and throw into a blender....

I go through phases for months where I'll love the smooth stuff, then I'll switch to the crunchy for a few months, but it's always Panda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

ElleEm wrote: »
    I go through phases for months where I'll love the smooth stuff, then I'll switch to the crunchy for a few months, but it's always Panda!

Noooooo, what is wrong with you people? It's Kelkin Crunchy no added sugar or nothing!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm enjoying Sun Pat Wholenut, not bad at all. I thought the Panda one was a bit sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Animord wrote: »
    It's Kelkin Crunchy no added sugar or nothing!:P
    I thought all the kelkins have oil and salt added. Only 100% peanut one I have seen here is merdian brand (which also has a salted version).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I thought all the kelkins have oil and salt added. Only 100% peanut one I have seen here is merdian brand (which also has a salted version).

Yeah, you are right, it just tastes better than the Panda etc type imo. The Meridian is lovely but a bit harder to get where I live.

But to be honest, with about 50 million calories per teaspoon, I try to steer clear of them all.

Advertisement