Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike parking?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Engineering postgrad here starting next week.

Is there anywhere on campus to park motorbikes other than using an actual car park space? Ive looked on google earth but don't see anything.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

At the back of the library there is a place for motorbikes. Just be very careful to have it in the designated area (its marked), as the clampers are pretty vigilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

WeeBushy wrote: »
    At the back of the library there is a place for motorbikes. Just be very careful to have it in the designated area (its marked), as the clampers are pretty vigilant.

Are you in the main engineerng building or newstead?
    If its the main engineering building people usually park them under the outdoor stairs at the front of the building(which is probab;y why you can't see it from google earth). Be careful though most people think that the front of engineering building is the side that faces the quinn building but thats actually the back, the front faces towards the clinton building and the car park beside it. There are always mopeds and bikes pulled in there plus it means they are kept dry.
    If its newstead your in then most people just park bikes out the front of the building or else near the normal bike stands.

cozzie55 wrote: »
    If its the main engineering building people usually park them under the outdoor stairs at the front of the building(which is probab;y why you can't see it from google earth). Be careful though most people think that the front of engineering building is the side that faces the quinn building but thats actually the back, the front faces towards the clinton building and the car park beside it. There are always mopeds and bikes pulled in there plus it means they are kept dry.
    If its newstead your in then most people just park bikes out the front of the building or else near the normal bike stands.

Not me unfortunately, mine was stolen a few years back and can't afford to replace it :( Tis the OP who was looking.

I thought there would be parking around eng but don't really know that building very well. The area under the library is covered as well which is good during the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Not me unfortunately, mine was stolen a few years back and can't afford to replace it :( Tis the OP who was looking.

I thought there would be parking around eng but don't really know that building very well. The area under the library is covered as well which is good during the winter.

Sorry meant to quote OP and not yourself in my original reply.
    I hope you bike wasn't robbed in UCD that mite put the OP off

Sorry meant to quote OP and not yourself in my original reply.
    I hope you bike wasn't robbed in UCD that mite put the OP off

Ah :)

No it wasn't, it was stolen from home. Motorbikes/cars are pretty safe in UCD in my experience. Have heard of and seen bicycles being stolen/vandalised at night, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

That area under the steps was yellow boxed a while back, have seen a few bikes clamped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

ok thanks alot for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just park outside whatever building your in, may as well be in a car otherwise!
    I park outside Newstead, there is only at most ever two other bikes there but it seems to be safe enough.
    Previously I have left my bike outside the back of the Engineering block where all the bicycles park and in the middle of the Science block. Don't think services really like you driving anywhere pedestrianised, saw a courier get in trouble before. During library times, you can park around under the library but it's often very crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Best place is behind the James Joyce Library

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

That's the only official covered parking left. Anywhere near bike racks seems fine though. Most places are OK as long as it's not blocking anything I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement