Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOOKING FOR TOPICS.

• 06-09-2011 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have always loved writing but I feel I need some structure and guidance. I would like to develop my skills.

I am a beginner at creative writing would any of you more experienced writers be willing to give me a list of writing projects (ie character sketch etc) or even some topics to write on.

I would really appreciate any feedback.

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Do something based on you growing up and maybe stick in a ghost or something??
    Sorry I wouldnt be as good as the usual posters on here, I like writing stories but I would only be a novice compared to probably everyone on here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You could maybe pick a few of the subject from any of the recent writing contests.

The threads and stories can be viewed here, if anything leaps out at you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74166752&postcount=239

Otherwise, throw down a challenge in The Arena and pit yourself against random boardsies in a flash-fiction throwdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Check out this helpful site: http://tinyurl.com/cd9268

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pnkker

try the best sellers section in amazon for inspiration.

Then make get a basic story in place.

Hope I helped

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

seanybiker wrote: »
    ... maybe stick in a ghost ...

I think a stick in a ghost is a great idea - how did the stick get there? can people just see the stick rather than the ghost? does the stick not burn because its surrounded by ghostly ghost stuff? it could be funny or it could be really creepy or maybe both?

I kinda want to know more about that stick in ghost now. But I'm also afraid to know...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

There's a little book called The Writer's Block by Jason Rekulak which you might find useful - lots of different prompts to get you started. :)

Advertisement