Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Horn/Alarm & Explosions

• 06-09-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Anyone else hear the continous car horn/alarm & what sounded like explosions around 1.20am this morn in the coolraine/cratloe road/caherdavin area?? What sounded like a car horn went off for about 15 minutes & i think there were about 3 loud bangs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Probably just gunshots and grenades, nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

That would be a burning car.The horn blows continuously when a car burns and the bangs would be the fuel tank exploding.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

A loud enough bang - even thunder - could kick off a car alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Gneez wrote: »
    Probably just gunshots and grenades, nothing to worry about.

Right you are Straight Talker, found out earlier a car was on fire. Reckon the the wind that was blowing last night didnt help the putting out of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That would be a burning car.The horn blows continuously when a car burns and the bangs would be the fuel tank exploding.

I'm afraid this is correct except for the fuel tank part. They don't explode. My time living in Carew Park this would be a regular occurence I guess.

The horn is generally the first to burn out, then the few blows would be the tires/windows and the car burns the fuel out through the fuel cap cover whilst the interior burns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement