Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G Smart GSM Alarm Transmitter

Options
  • 06-09-2011 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking for sms controller to control my heating and maybe one light for switching on and of and also get a message from my alarm when it goes of. So just something basic enough. My electrical sian he'll wire it for me and has used this one before (JANDEI G SMART GSM ALARM TRANSMITTER) and said it works well . Can’t seem to find anything on it on the www.jandei.com website or anyone else selling it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or a similar unit that user friendly and not too expensive.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Never heard of them and the website does not do much to inspire me either
    Pyronix do a nice little gsm unit that may suit

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasper1422

Jnealon wrote: »
    Never heard of them and the website does not do much to inspire me either
    Pyronix do a nice little gsm unit that may suit

thanks for the info. That looks like a nice unit and not badly priced. Have you or anyone else used this unit?

came across this unit too but just looking for some more info on it

http://www.audon.co.uk/gd04.html

Has anyone used one of these?

Thnaks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jasper1422 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm looking for sms controller to control my heating and maybe one light for switching on and of and also get a message from my alarm when it goes of. So just something basic enough. My electrical sian he'll wire it for me and has used this one before (JANDEI G SMART GSM ALARM TRANSMITTER) and said it works well . Can’t seem to find anything on it on the www.jandei.com website or anyone else selling it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or a similar unit that user friendly and not too expensive.

Thanks in advance

It is a good unit, I have installed many of these with no problems to report.
    The Pyronix GSM would be a better option and is also much cheaper.

Looks ok but I'd still go for the pyronix unit

altor wrote: »
    It is a good unit, I have installed many of these with no problems to report.
    The Pyronix GSM would be a better option and is also much cheaper.

Thanks for info.

Were is the best place to buy this? i came across this website and its not badly priced.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prodvar/3007/pyronix-v2-gsm-burglar-alarm-telephone-autodialler

would i be better buying of pyronix direct?

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks for info.

Were is the best place to buy this? i came across this website and its not badly priced.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prodvar/3007/pyronix-v2-gsm-burglar-alarm-telephone-autodialler

would i be better buying of pyronix direct?

Thanks again

Your welcome jasper1422,

You can get them here in Ireland in:

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

The price you can get it for is cheaper online including VAT, €217.51.

Your welcome jasper1422,

You can get them here in Ireland in:

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

The price you can get it for is cheaper online including VAT, €217.51.

Thats great. Where do you get that price? is it from Alert Electrical website or pyronix wesite.

Thanks again

That is off the site you linked to, Pyronix wont sell direct. You can add another 21% to that price if you buy it here but it is a good unit. Easier to program that the G-SMART.

That is off the site you linked to, Pyronix wont sell direct. You can add another 21% to that price if you buy it here but it is a good unit. Easier to program that the G-SMART.

I'll contact that crowed in Ireland tomorrow to see what there price is. Could not see that exact model on there website. but I'll have a ring around!

Thanks again

I'll contact that crowed in Ireland tomorrow to see what there price is. Could not see that exact model on there website. but I'll have a ring around!

Thanks again

Its about €270 here, vat included.

• Advertisement

It's about €225 plus postage from Alert or security warehouse

Advertisement