Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Sam 3

• 06-09-2011 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Now that Human revolution is out of the way, it's time for my next most anticipated game of Autumn 2011.

I have such fond memories of co-op in the original...

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Replayed the HD versions of the original games recently and I had forgotten how unashamedly fun they were. I was kinda worried when I saw some for the earlier screenshots of the new game with all of the real world weaponry and the iron sight aiming but from the more recent footage it looks as mental as ever. Roll on October 18th! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Co-op became so much fun when I relaised you cant hurt each other in it. Cue me standing in the middle of a swarm of enemies with chainsaw buzzing while my friend torched the are with rockets.

A simpler time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Ha, yeah, the sheer amount of bad guys on screen at once was amazing at the time.
    It was like dropping a big magnet into a bucket of nails, the way they all ran towards you.

I remember looking over at the folks I was playing co-op with, and only being able to see a small mountain of those frog-monster things swarming them.

It was really just arena after arena of waves and waves of enemies.

Plus, the final boss was pretty enormous, towering over the height of the pyramids!

Edit: I love their style of trailers actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Funny how a game that's based on fun, OTT cartoon violence & ridiculous action that they have this strange mechanic of non-regenerating health :pac:

God, I hate regenerating health so much.

Just hope they have the great little secrets hidden around the levesl, like Level-Lord and OldManMurray hidden in a room on the first level of SS1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I always enjoyed the serious sam games

stupid ,ridiculus over-the-top mayhem:)

like anything these days willwait for some proper reviews.Duke nukem was sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

32 player coop !!!!!

/posted that in the other SS3 about a year ago, may as well do it again. 32 player COOP!!!!

And doesnt the game ramp up the enemy numbers to compensate?

Or does it need to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

With all of the moaning going on over the "Modern Military Shooter" sub-genre, now's your chance to vent a bit and have a chance to win a copy of Serious Sam 3 on XBLA. :)

Serious Sam: BFE's "Warfighter-fighter" program gives out XBLA codes to those who criticise military shooters

Advertisement