Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First custom media PC help required

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Floods. All HDDs have shot up in price. If you're looking for a HDD, the cheapest I know of is the the WD external/green drive for €50. It wouldn't be as fast but it's about the best I can see around.
    Check in the Bargain alerts/Bargain alerts discussion threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

If u want a decent pc u are going to go over the 300 € limit ! :)
    Ps what is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

dam floods. Ah i will just wait for prices to fall again. I took a 1tb drive out of an external i had but nearly shat my pants with MBR issues when trying to get it to be recognized. Luckily Acronis Disk Director saved the day. Thought i had lost main disc & backup!

Yulkmn, ya kinda overshot it alright, ah well :-) Its being used as a media PC and as a hub for nightly laptop backups. Other half is self - employed & has lost all her data once too often.

I've another question, I want to connect it to a Hi-fi I have here. The HI-FI has just 2 RCA connections. Is my only option here a 3.5mm jack to dual RCA connection?

actually, might be better to just connect tv to the hifi .. .

Hi,

I want to be able to connect PC to tv in order to use it as a digital recorder.

Will I need a TV tuner card for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement