If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" - 26" TV Quote

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there gang,

Parents are looking for a new TV for their kitchen.. not sure what size TV they're gonna go with yet.

Probably most they'll go with is a 26" and least they'll go with is a 22".

With regards the 26" - not sure if this is in-store only but SHARP AQUOS LC26SH7E is a great price. I already own a 37" Sharp Aquos and am a fan of them.

Needs to be delivered too.. so any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Basq

Have a look see at the Philips options here on our website

We have the 19, 22 and 26" available now.

Might be a good alternative to the Sharp?

Happy to do you a pric e on whatever takes your fancy - delivery can be arranged no worries as well

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks for that Ash..

.. the main reason for the new TV for them is they're getting one of those Stanley stoves in (they're looking at some up North this weekend), and space is an issue.

They're not big TV watchers so while I think the Philips ones are fantastic and sleek (they'd be right up my alley), it might be wasted on them. Something on a bit more of a budget if possible.

I'll get back to you when this stove is ordered and installed (next fortnight I'd say) and I can analyse how much space I have to work with.

Thanks again Ash.

Hi Basq

No Worries.

Oh if they are in Belfast it might be worth there while popping into Richer Sounds and seeing what they have.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Guys,

The jolly fat man in his big red suit is due in the next few months. I am looking at getting 3 TV's in these size ranges. Cheap and cheerful is the option we are looking for and last years end of line with a good boardies discount will also be considered ;)

Thanks guys,

Ryanno:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ryanno,

Is there any particular specs you're after? Also what sizes are you thinking?

Regards.
    Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. Nothing special in mind, just cheap and cheerful 22 - 32 inch!! Kids aged 4, 6 and 11. Hooked up to PS2's so Full HD not essential.

We already have our centerpiece 46 8605 from the good guys in Philips :)

Thanks again Dave

Hi Ryanno.

The one to go for would be the LG 26LK330 which is £239.95.

This currently works with Saorview and is a great little 26".

There are come good value 22"s also.

The Samsung B2230 which is currently £149.95 would be one of the best options in a 22" so it really depends on the budget and what size you think is needed for where it's going.

Delivery on either would be £12.99.

ATB

Dave

Quite like the look of that Samsung myself.

Might be a purchase from me when this "stove stuff" is sorted.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me! After talking it over with the boss, we are leaning towards the Samsung B2230. Can I confirm that this does have a TV tuner and is not purely a monitor?? Also, can I have a euro price for 3 of these delivered to Dublin.

I am also looking for a pair of on ear headphones (Got the philips ones on sale last year and they are fab!!) and an ipod docking station for xmas pressies .......... yes she has me shopping for xmas already!!! :)

Thanks Dave
    Hi Ryanno.

The one to go for would be the LG 26LK330 which is £239.95.

This currently works with Saorview and is a great little 26".

There are come good value 22"s also.

The Samsung B2230 which is currently £149.95 would be one of the best options in a 22" so it really depends on the budget and what size you think is needed for where it's going.

Delivery on either would be £12.99.

ATB

Dave

Hi all.

Unfortunately that Samsung model has come to the end of the model.

Typical, got a decent little TV that we can sell 4 of and then Samsung go and finish it ! :(

The next option would be the Sharp LC22.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sharp/lc22d12e/shar-lc22d12e

The Samsung was a monitor with a tuner added and it didn't always have the best sound because of that.

The sharp is a very neat model that may not have the 1080p panel but in this size, 1080p isn't needed.

Delivery of the 3 would be just £12.99.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave/John et al,

I have asked Ash for a philips option on these and wanted to see the alternative you guys have for the following. As usual, boardie special prices would be graciously accepted!!;);)

I'm looking for the new set of transmitter PTA 215 and 2 glasses PTA516 for my 8605 when they come in. Any ideas on price yet??

I'm also looking to get a pair of on ear earphones along the line of the philips SHL9560 ones I got last year. About the 20 - 30 euro mark?

And finally, I am looking at getting an ipod dock, around the €50 mark......any recommendations or boardie specials coming up??

I will also be ordering a set of 3 x 22" Tv's in the next week or so. Can you pm me a Euro and sterling price on the Sharp options above.!!:D Is there any bulk purchase discounts??

And can I have a total purchase price including delivery to Dublin!!

Cheers guys,

Ryanno

Cheers!!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Dave/John et al,

I have asked Ash for a philips option on these and wanted to see the alternative you guys have for the following. As usual, boardie special prices would be graciously accepted!!;);)

I'm looking for the new set of transmitter PTA 215 and 2 glasses PTA516 for my 8605 when they come in. Any ideas on price yet??

I'm also looking to get a pair of on ear earphones along the line of the philips SHL9560 ones I got last year. About the 20 - 30 euro mark?

And finally, I am looking at getting an ipod dock, around the €50 mark......any recommendations or boardie specials coming up??

I will also be ordering a set of 3 x 22" Tv's in the next week or so. Can you pm me a Euro and sterling price on the Sharp options above.!!:D Is there any bulk purchase discounts??

Cheers guys,

Ryanno

Cheers!!

Ryanno,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I understand that Ash has already been back to you on the Philips bits 'n Bobs.

On the Sharp 22"s we have the Sharp LC22D12 at £129.95 or the Sharp LC22LE22 full HD/LED at just £159.95.

We have just installed 50 of these small screen Sharps in a nursing home and I'm seriously impressed with the reliability and picture quality - especially at these silly prices!

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and as ever drop mc a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,
    Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like we will go for 3 of the d12e versions!! Have you any specials going on the on ear headphones or iPod docks??

I am looking for a total EURO price as well for the tvs AND the recommendations for earphones and iPod dock!

Thanks John,
    Hi Dave/John et al,

Cheers guys,

Ryanno

Cheers!!

Ryanno,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I understand that Ash has already been back to you on the Philips bits 'n Bobs.

On the Sharp 22"s we have the Sharp LC22D12 at £129.95 or the Sharp LC22LE22 full HD/LED at just £159.95.

We have just installed 50 of these small screen Sharps in a nursing home and I'm seriously impressed with the reliability and picture quality - especially at these silly prices!

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and as ever drop mc a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Ryanno.

Cheers for the reply.

Are you looking at an ipod dock that will plug into your amp or hifi or one that has a speaker etc on board ?

Also, what Ipod do you have ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

hi john/ash

looking to purchase a 22in or 26in tv for my mum which will recieve saorview, would appreciate a recommendation and price please.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey stoves1,

We have the 22PFL3606 or the 26PFL3606 available at the moment. Both of these recieve saorview. These are really stylish little sets too with high gloss piano black frames, matching pedestal, HDMI and Scart connections.

You can check out the 22" here and the 26" here.

Have a look and let me know what you reckon.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Hi John,

I would like to take one of these tvs

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sharp/lc22d12e/shar-lc22d12e

I also need a wall bracket for it. I don't want to mount flat to the wall. would like to use one that tilts and swivels on an arm. Do you stock any of these?

Nigel

Hi Nigel.

This model is not listed as Saorview certified so I can't guarantee that it's going to work.

There is an LG model that is certified which is the LG 22LK330U which is £169.95 and a much nicer model compared to the Sharp.

The sound on the LG is considerably better than the Sharp also.

Let me know what you think as I have both in stock.

£24.95 will get you a swivel bracket for the TV but it does not tilt. The smaller swivel brackets usually don't tilt.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Hi Dave,

I will go ahead with that lg tv and the stand. Can you tell me how much shipping to cavan would be and what your best price will be on it all

Thanks
    Nigel

Hi Nigel.

Delivery will be £12.99 so call it £205 including delivery and the bracket.

If you would like to order, give me a buzz on 0044 333 900 0071.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay......again!!

I would like to order 3 of the Sharp 22le12's and 2 of the pioneer xw-naw1-k's that were on offer for the bank holiday weekend!! Can you let me know the total euro price for delivery to dublin and I'll be paying by cc. My delivery details are on file, but if you give me a call I'll give you the CC details!!

Thanks Dave,

Ryanno

p.s. I'll pm you my mobile number!!!
    Hi Ryanno.

Cheers for the reply.

Are you looking at an ipod dock that will plug into your amp or hifi or one that has a speaker etc on board ?

Also, what Ipod do you have ?

ATB

Dave

Hi Ryanno.

Thanks for the order.

Unfortunately the Sharp LC22 that you mentioned is now finished and we will not be getting any more of them in.

I can supply the Toshiba 22BV501 which is currently the same price. I can't guarantee that this will work on Saorview. This is not one that we normall ship as stock is very tight. I can organise shipping if you like.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/toshiba/22bv501b/tosh-22bv501b

I would need to get these ordered in for you so I would need to know before tomorrow if you wanted to go ahead to have them here this Friday.

ATB

Dave

Might take one of these (Toshiba 22BV501) myself Dave.

Can it be easily wall-mounted? Any brackets lying about there for it?

Hi Dave,

First the Sammy and now the Sharp......... No recession for you guys :D

This one only has a refresh rate at 5ms (compared to 2.5ms on the Sharp)and is unable to play video from USB. This is essential as they are for the kids bedroom and they watch a lot of downloaded content on the USB pens!!

Anything else that fits the bill??

Thanks again,

Hi Ryanno.

Thanks for the order.

Unfortunately the Sharp LC22 that you mentioned is now finished and we will not be getting any more of them in.

I can supply the Toshiba 22BV501 which is currently the same price. I can't guarantee that this will work on Saorview. This is not one that we normall ship as stock is very tight. I can organise shipping if you like.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/toshiba/22bv501b/tosh-22bv501b

I would need to get these ordered in for you so I would need to know before tomorrow if you wanted to go ahead to have them here this Friday.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

looking at ordering this asap, any recommendations??

thanks,
    Hi Dave,
    First the Sammy and now the Sharp......... No recession for you guys :D

This one only has a refresh rate at 5ms (compared to 2.5ms on the Sharp)and is unable to play video from USB. This is essential as they are for the kids bedroom and they watch a lot of downloaded content on the USB pens!!

Anything else that fits the bill??

Thanks again,

Hi Ryanno.

On checking, there is very little else around at the minute that is cheap enough.

The only other one that I can come up with is a 19" LG called the LV250 which is £149.95. Has the USB playback and is a really tight little LED.

Let me know if this suits.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Really don't want to go below the 22" screen tbh!! The Max budget I have is €160 :o each, Full HD not necessary but USB capable of video playback is a must!!

Have you any open box end of line or boardie specials coming up (JOHN??):):)

I would like to order asap with the 2 pioneer docks as well? Anything that fits the bill?? Or have you got some low end TV's coming in before the red suited man arrives??

Thanks again.
    Hi Ryanno.

On checking, there is very little else around at the minute that is cheap enough.

The only other one that I can come up with is a 19" LG called the LV250 which is £149.95. Has the USB playback and is a really tight little LED.

Let me know if this suits.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.