Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awarded A3 grant but what is this exactly?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi Folks,
    Hoping someone can help me.....I received my grant confirmation letter yesterday and I've been awarded an A3 grant but nowhere in the letter does it explain what this covers.

I've just been onto Dublin City Council to see if they could clarify and all I was told "there's a maintenance piece of €625 and then full fees and registration fee up to €6270" so when I asked if they could put this in an email I was told No and to check pg 39 of studentfinance.ie.

By pg 39 I assume they were referring to the legislation document SI 305 but on g 39 it just details what the different types of grant are....doesn't specifically mention what A3 is:confused:

Can I assume I've been awarded the €625 maintenance fee and my registration and fees are covered....I'm going back as a mature student and am really trying to count all the pennies at the moment so am afraid to get my hopes up.

Anyone been awarded A3 in the past out there that can clarify what exactly I've been awarded.

Thanks a mil,
    Tulip11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Check here. A3 seems to be adjacent rate 50% maintenance (€625) and €2000 student contribution paid for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tulip11

Hi,

Yes I looked at that and at the legislation document....A3 isn't mentioned anywhere and according to DCC A3 = 50% maintenance and fees up to €6720 (including registration fee) but college want this confirmed and DCC won't put it in writing!!!!

Like what the hell????!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tulip11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes I looked at that and at the legislation document....A3 isn't mentioned anywhere and according to DCC A3 = 50% maintenance and fees up to €6720 (including registration fee) but college want this confirmed and DCC won't put it in writing!!!!

Like what the hell????!!!!!
    Give the college the letter from DCC that says you were awarded the grant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement