Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUCKLER WELFARE SCHEME CONUNDRUM

• 06-09-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

HI suckler farmers,
    I do the books for elderly neighbour sometimes....he has weanlings eating krunch for a month but is only asking me now to send form away now...can I put down for him that thay are that long eating or should he have sent it back quicker?...I couldnt see anywhere on form that said when it had to be back by...
    also he sold a few calves with their cows in the summer in marts...can he still claim the 40 euro on them...they are still listed on his form..
    thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

He was telling me that a neighbour told him he should have sent back form within a week of starting feeding but i cant see that on his form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

He was telling me that a neighbour told him he should have sent back form within a week of starting feeding but i cant see that on his form.
    would it be easier to get him registered online and then you could put in whatever time you wanted for meal into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

he cant claim on animals sold,how could he he did not wean them,and neither can the man who bought them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

I do this form filling for a friend of mine - You can't claim for anything that's dead or sold as far as I know. After that I have sent in the forms up to a year after weaning and he got paid - have also got forms with calves listed that were only born a couple of months ago.

It gets confusing as one sheet often has calves born over a 12 month span.

I'm not saying what I'm doing is right or wrong but he's been getting away with it thus far anyway. this guy does the tasks correctly, he's just a horrible book-keeper.

to sum up I wouldn't stress baout the delay.

you get paid on dead calfs as long as you dispose of calf properly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

leg wax wrote: »

I stand corrected, is that only if the blue sheet is issued after meal feeding or weaning date?

jay gatsby wrote: »
    I stand corrected, is that only if the blue sheet is issued after meal feeding or weaning date?
    i do mine on line so cant help you with sheets or colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭marknjb

i do mine on line so cant help you with sheets or colours.
    where do u registar to do it online i do births online but i could not find suckler registar

marknjb wrote: »
    where do u registar to do it online i do births online but i could not find suckler registar
    animal events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I do all mine online but if they do query it (because of delay etc) just be honest about the fact that you do the booking for him and he is only vague in dates of starting etc. It's not the worst bit to muck up; Not weaning before selling would be far worse. Just make sure they are kept the minimum of weeks before weaning with crunch, it's eight I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thanks for advice...I presume you mean you would only get paid on a calf that died after weaning....hardly on a young calf that died in springtime?

Thanks for advice...I presume you mean you would only get paid on a calf that died after weaning....hardly on a young calf that died in springtime?
    no before weaning or at birth.

Advertisement