Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

disadvantaged area payments

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Hi CCM.

What number did you call?

Every time I call (1890200144) it just rings until an operator's recording kicks in telling me all agents are busy and to please leave your name and number. Then before you can leave your details another recording comes on saying goodbye and hangs up.
    Yeah towser2010 that's all I'm getting either ,rang last week and was told all was grand but still nothing in the account :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

rang 0578674400, holding on line now...

whelan1 wrote: »
    Is that portlaoise office ? :confused:

yup got through, payment cleared on 20 september , will be in my account in 5 working days from then :D just ask for disadvantaged area when you get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Thanks Whelan

I rang that number and I was told all was ok on that side and after a bit of transferring was put through to SPS where an archive error was discovered and is now fixed so payment next week hopefully.

In fairness when you do eventually get through they are very helpful.

yup got through, payment cleared on 20 september , will be in my account in 5 working days from then :D just ask for disadvantaged area when you get through
    Got through to one on the desk ,she said all lines busy did i want to hold ,so I did for 10 mins ,no answer! Rang back and all she said was " well what do you want me to do " ! :mad:

Got through finally & lady was helpful but last week told all was okay but now told stocking density not right amount for long enough so payment won't be cleared till October 16th and lady said their systems are a month behind on animal records :eek: so clearance won't show up on their computers till November !!! :(

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Thanks Whelan

I rang that number and I was told all was ok on that side and after a bit of transferring was put through to SPS where an archive error was discovered and is now fixed so payment next week hopefully.

In fairness when you do eventually get through they are very helpful.
    so do i get commission :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Stop ringing them up, FFS! Ye are only distracting them from the important task, of sending the money.

By the way, someone said in an earlier post, that the dept is a MONTH behind in cattle records:eek:
    If an inspector comes on your farm and finds month old calves unregistered / untagged, you are in trouble.
    How the fcuk, is there one law for government employees, and a totally different set of rules for Joe and Mary citizen.

• Advertisement

Stop ringing them up, FFS! Ye are only distracting them from the important task, of sending the money.

By the way, someone said in an earlier post, that the dept is a MONTH behind in cattle records:eek:
    If an inspector comes on your farm and finds month old calves unregistered / untagged, you are in trouble.
    How the fcuk, is there one law for government employees, and a totally different set of rules for Joe and Mary citizen.

That's what I was told , that it takes a month for the computer system to catch up with the records , the computer automatically sends the funds to your bank account not the ones answering the phones ! It's a case of one step forward and six steps back ,talk about progress :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CCM

Hello towzer2010,

The number I rang was 1890 200 506, got it off the dept web site. Was on hold for a long time though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

so do i get commission :D

Well as an oul woman who lived near us years ago used to say if you did anything for her "I'll say a little prayer far ya" :D

CCM wrote: »
    Hello towzer2010,

The number I rang was 1890 200 506, got it off the dept web site. Was on hold for a long time though

Thanks CCM. Managed to get hold of them in the end and hopefully all sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CCM

so you where not told that you where cleared for payment?
    Couldn't really make sense of what I was told, Maps are as they were last year but a shed (an old pigstye) has to be digitised this year even though i understood all land parcels were done last year, not as if it'll even make a difference to the payment. Was told everything else was in order. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Are ye still waiting nothing in my account yet:(

maybe tomorrow:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

I received nothing either. Had to make a change on the maps this year as have rented in a bit extra land. Knew this would happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ally k

same here rang up 2day they said waiting on maps to be digitised what the hell have they been at since they were submitted in may same thing happens here every single year:mad:

not in this morning, i was told last week that i was cleared for payment on the 20th and it would take 5 working days , thought it would be in today:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Not in.
    I signed a declaration agreeing to the changes on maps following re-digitalisation a few weeks ago. I did that online the night the letter arrived. So I'm not surprised its not in.

Anyway its not me that is out of pocket, its the silage contractor. They may aswell send it to his account, as like Father Ted says, it will only be "resting in my account" until he cashes the cheque;).

going to ring again today and see what the story is

• Advertisement

rang portlaois , they said the money had been sent to cavan on 23rd of september and should be in my account, which its not. Rang cavan and they said "should" be in my account by the end of the week:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 agriking101

I was talking to a guy who wrote a cheque a week ago on the basis that the money was coming, I called him an ejit (or something like that)

rang portlaois , they said the money had been sent to cavan on 23rd of september and should be in my account, which its not. Rang cavan and they said "should" be in my account by the end of the week:rolleyes:

Just rang that number you put up for Portlaoise and got the exact same response as above. The girl in Portlaoise was able to say it was sent to my account on 23rd Sept. Now that being a Friday I'd expect it to be in by the end of the week.

How much do the banks make by holding cash "to clear" for 4/5 days? It must be a small fortune!

just do it wrote: »
    Just rang that number you put up for Portlaoise and got the exact same response as above. The girl in Portlaoise was able to say it was sent to my account on 23rd Sept. Now that being a Friday I'd expect it to be in by the end of the week.

How much do the banks make by holding cash "to clear" for 4/5 days? It must be a small fortune!
    well i am well peeved by it at the minute, will check first thing tomorrow and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Are the two of ye banking with the same bank?

There was a thread a few weeks ago which showed serious differences between times taken for a cheque to clear in different banks

i am with ulster bank, BUT the money has been sent from portlaoise to the payments office in cavan , so the money is still with the dept of ag unfortunately

reilig wrote: »
    Are the two of ye banking with the same bank?

There was a thread a few weeks ago which showed serious differences between times taken for a cheque to clear in different banks

Whealan1 - if you send me a cheque I'll be able to say if we're with the same bank:D:D

A hint as to my bank - same initials as Anglo Irish Bank;)

Mine is a bit late as the maps were re-digitalised and were cleared by the Single Payment section on the 19th. If I get it this week I'll be happy enough with that.

Whealan1 - if you send me a cheque I'll be able to say if we're with the same bank:D:D

A hint as to my bank - same initials as Anglo Irish Bank;)

Mine is a bit late as the maps were re-digitalised and were cleared by the Single Payment section on the 19th. If I get it this week I'll be happy enough with that.
    i am the same have a few bills i wanted to pay by friday- really messes things up, will be going to mart on tuesday with cattle anyways , so will just have to struggle on til then

Still not in

Still not in
    same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

someone at some end must be telling porkies, I cant see either of our Disadvantage payments coming for a long while as there was a huge amount of digitation to be done on allot of the maps as I had a good few parcels that were never used for SFP before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nutsforever

Did this use to be published on the departments website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

still not in here either rang cavan and they said there are more payments going out today and tomorrow not to long to go now hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I got mine on the first day for the first time ever:)

Just out of curiosity were any of the late payments sent in on the website or are they mostly posted in?

5live wrote: »
    I got mine on the first day for the first time ever:)

Just out of curiosity were any of the late payments sent in on the website or are they mostly posted in?
    i did it on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Did this use to be published on the departments website?

You have made 4 posts.

All 4 posts refer to payments being published on the dept. website. ;)

Reading your posts together - you seem especially keen to see what amount people (or someone) receives in payments, and if it does appear on the website, whether that means they have already been paid that money :confused:

Weird...

Anyways, re disadvantaged payments - *I think* its the same answer as you received previously - no longer available as it used to be.

thank fook, its in my account , happy days

Same here. I can write a few cheques now. Easy come easy go

hope we dont have the same crap with the sfp

• Advertisement
Advertisement