Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline Insurance with CPW?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

My sister has lost her Galaxy s2 which she only bought 3 weeks ago in CPW in town.

She had it in her pocket in the green line Luas and she noticed it missing when she got out. Would this be covered under the policy or would it be considered careless? Also it has more than likely been pick-pocketed but it could have fallen out, so should she report it missing or stolen?

I know insurance companies can be a pain to deal with so I want to make sure she claims properly, she's extremely upset! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

one4one wrote: »
    My sister has lost her Galaxy s2 which she only bought 3 weeks ago in CPW in town.

She had it in her pocket in the green line Luas and she noticed it missing when she got out. Would this be covered under the policy or would it be considered careless? Also it has more than likely been pick-pocketed but it could have fallen out, so should she report it missing or stolen?

I know insurance companies can be a pain to deal with so I want to make sure she claims properly, she's extremely upset! :mad:

Hi One4one.

Firstly I would say, its important to contact the network the phone is with right away. Needs to be done within 24 hours or that will cause your claim to be rejected by CPW otherwise. All you need to do is have the phone blocked. They can do this right away.

Once this has been done, go into any CPW store to collect a lifeline claim form and take it into your local Garda station. In the station all you need to do is report the phone as lost. Don't say pick pocketed as this will slow the hole process down as the Guards will treat it as a theft case. You need to report the loss to the Gardai within 48 hours in order for your claim to be processed by Lifeline. They will reject the claim otherwise.

Once you have both these jobs done you take the claim form back to the CPW store who will then process your claim. There shouldnt be any problems. I know claims can be a pain but if you have both the above in order there shouldnt be any hassel.

Just ensure you tell CPW it fell out of your pocket and the Gardai. If you tell the Gardai its a theft then they will want to take silly statements and CPW may take longer for the claim to be processed! It just gets messy!

Its well worth acting on the claim as I know Sansung SII's are expensive!

Advertisement