Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hershey Kisses

Options
  • 06-09-2011 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Tried the white chocolate and cookie version of these the other day, and I think they're lovely. Found them in a shop in Balbriggan.

Has anyone tried any other ones? What are they like? I always get so excited when I find American sweets over here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Tasted them Stateside, delish. Can get Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Reeses Pieces here but will not rest until I find 5th Avenue Bars this side of the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Plazaman wrote: »
    Tasted them Stateside, delish. Can get Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Reeses Pieces here but will not rest until I find 5th Avenue Bars this side of the Atlantic.

I was the most excited when I found Reeses over here. Have never been to the States but I hear peanut butter M and M's are the thing to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Said it before and I'll say it again: the milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses taste like vomit. The flavoured ones could be alright though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Said it before and I'll say it again: the milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses taste like vomit. The flavoured ones could be alright though :)

they taste like the vomit of someone who has been eating sh1te :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I don't care for plain kisses but I would like to try the new "delite" ones , only because they look like a chocolate bar cadbury made several years ago. You can't get that bar here any longer- had little crackley air bubbles in it. I really liked that bar. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Yes Asda has them in Coleraine.. Asda is great because they have virtually every hersheys chocolate bar, and they are being bought up as-well like nothing its not like they aren't being bought. The best one is extra creamy chocolate. THe kisses are alright but i think they are bit overrated they have a pink kiss in Coleraine which is massive i'd love to eat them mmm.. and its pure chocolate too! Everyone says hersheys is disgusting its actually nice the disgusting one is the original one the other ones are lovely.

The extra creamy milk chocolate is gorge don't let one chocolate spoil your opinion of hersheys thats silly! I looked at the wrappers and the original is made out of condensed milk and the others are made out of milk powder and thats why the original one tastes like vomit they just kept it as condensed milk because it was historic and they didn't want to change the recipe.

ElleEm wrote: »
    I was the most excited when I found Reeses over here. Have never been to the States but I hear peanut butter M and M's are the thing to get!

You should go its the most amazing place ever. Seriously it is. You'll love it. They've got all the nutty foods that you wouldn't think people would make or that you dream't up when you were wee. Like ice cream cakes LOL... not the ones you get here proper ice cream cakes way the icing and all on them. And their ice cream is in a bucket like 5 times the size of ours same with the butter (eww).. its amazing.. the cinemas are massive aswell like 20 screens. THe multi coloured popcorn is good too. Oh and you can get spiced popcorn aswell you canny get that here. I'm sick of looking at butter popcorn.

ElleEm wrote: »
    Tried the white chocolate and cookie version of these the other day, and I think they're lovely. Found them in a shop in Balbriggan.

Has anyone tried any other ones? What are they like? I always get so excited when I find American sweets over here!

Yes i've tried nearly all of them..

original- disgusting it actually does taste like vomit and i'm not lying it does!

extra creamy- nice comparable to galaxy but not as nice.

Coffee- far too much coffee disgusting.

Cookie- A bit like the oreo bars.

Kisses- gorge..

i haven't ate any of the other ones i think i'll try the air bubbles in the summer when i'm over.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Plazaman wrote: »

Here you go

http://www.americansoda.co.uk/uk/user/search.aspx?q=5th+avenue+bar&x=16&y=12

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Haven't tried all of them but the ones I have tried are alright, I love Reeses Peanut butter cups though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Topaz at Newlands Cross has Reeses peanut butter cups and cookie flavour Hershey Kisses.

Love the peanut butter cups,they're something like €1.20 for 3 though so are pricey enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

owenc wrote: »
    The extra creamy milk chocolate is gorge don't let one chocolate spoil your opinion of hersheys thats silly! I looked at the wrappers and the original is made out of condensed milk and the others are made out of milk powder and thats why the original one tastes like vomit they just kept it as condensed milk because it was historic and they didn't want to change the recipe.
    Where did I say that? I mentioned a single variety I don't like :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Topaz at Newlands Cross has Reeses peanut butter cups and cookie flavour Hershey Kisses.

Love the peanut butter cups,they're something like €1.20 for 3 though so are pricey enough!

Got the peanut butter cups in Dunnes in Jetland Shopping Centre, Limerick yesterday for 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement