Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pomp and Ceremony in Rugby.

• 28-11-2004 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

The Ire vs Arg thread got me thinking again.

Put simply is it time to ditch the anthems (all of them!) the red carpet, the President gladhanding, and the 15 mins stood about waiting for the actual game?

I for one would be most happy if the game was the only thing that mattered and not all the nonesense that goes on before hand.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i agree.....drives me up the wall waiting for all the dignatary ****e.....especially when its wet and cold too....i'd do away with halftime too.....just get the game over with.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

too many songs at the start alright, was there two different ones for the angentina or was it just one long drawn out song? should be the home teams national anthem and get themn just get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Left the grounds lastnight about 10 mins into the game...
    Was in the south terrace and it was so packed you could not move... i was jammed into a little corner, with a pig steel pole in front of me and some 6ft guy..

Went to Crows around the corner had beer, warm pub, and huge tv...

Tickets on the south terrace should have a not sutiable for children on them,
    as there was kids there about 10 years old and about 4ft high crying because they could not see a thing...

and don't talk to me about Irish rail and the barriers at landsdown! aaghjhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

jaysis really, how much was your ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

lazygit wrote:
    Left the grounds lastnight about 10 mins into the game...
    Was in the south terrace and it was so packed you could not move... i was jammed into a little corner, with a pig steel pole in front of me and some 6ft guy..

Eh the terrace wasnt that packed plenty of room around the place and if ur so worried buy a seat ticket. Personnaly i prefer it when the terrace is packed, the atmosphere is always better then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Remember all the carry on at MurryField last year before the Scotland V England game, I thought that was great. The England V Ireland game a week or so later with its straight kick off was kind of boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I disagree it only 5-10 mins it adds to the build up in my opinion,do ye remember the look in the irish teams face as the national anthem played out against south africa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I disagree it only 5-10 mins it adds to the build up in my opinion,do ye remember the look in the irish teams face as the national anthem played out against south africa?

Couldn't really see them from the South terrace..... :D I just find it annoying that the paying public has to wait while our unelected presidente gets in for free and procedes to delay proceedings.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

She has to do something... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rugbyfairy

you cant just leave the anthems out.
    its one of the best bits in the game when you sing a long and get goosebumps all over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I think the pres coming out and doing all the handshaking could be gotten rid of...

The national anthem and ireland's call get the crowd geared up for the game i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

The national anthem and ireland's call get the crowd geared up for the game i think...

Jeez, if they didn't play the Anthem, I'd have no cue to leave the pub. :D
    It's an essential part of my match routine ;)

Advertisement