Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever washed a cat and..

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

scholar007 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of work, do you wash her often? How do you keep her calm while the ablutions are in progress?

We only washed her about 4 times ever, three times in the last couple of months as she was riddled with fleas and nothing else seemed to work.
    We would be chatting with her, cuddling her and keeping her warm. I think there's an element of her that knew what we were up to, as she would be quite allowing and accomodating with us. She always seemed at ease after the wash, so we thought she knew it helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

For the laughter, thank you so much,

When I bred and showed Siamese, I would bathe them before a show. I had a mesh carrying cage, so in the cat went and I showered them through the wide mesh.

One cat however, used to enjoy jumping in the empty bath. You guessed; I was in the bath one day when in she raced and leaped. Claws everywere with the idea that I could save her.

After that she would come in and tightrope walk along the side of the bath as if wondering what I could be doing in all that water.

My present boy is so laid back and obliging that when he has come in fillthy he will let me bathe him and enjoy it. And the rough and tumble of being towellled too, exceot he hates his feet being held

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I've been bathing mine since they were kittens. I used to fill up the basin in our kitchen with water, wet their coat, shampoo, then back into the basin for a rinse. Now I shower them, I put a folding step ladder (with the wide steps) into the shower, and wet/shampoo/rinse. The process is much faster and they don't seem to mind it anymore than the bath, not that they particularly like either! They'll complain and give me evil looks when they are wet, but they don't scratch or bite.

Advertisement