Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good winter gear for cycling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Try
    wiggle.co.uk
    chainreactioncycles.com
    evanscycles.co.uk

They all have a lot of discounts this time of year.

All of the above will ship free to Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ive ordered the Altura Night Vision jacket (not the Evo) and the Altura Attack waterproof shorts. Just waiting on wiggle to get them back into stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rew wrote: »
    Ive ordered the Altura Night Vision jacket (not the Evo) and the Altura Attack waterproof shorts. Just waiting on wiggle to get them back into stock.

I heard that the basic night vision one had a load of problems with fading and especially with the zips breaking after a few weeks, It's why I was going for the Evo version as Altura claim they've fixed the issues in this version.
    Let me know what you think of it anyway :) and how it fits..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Try
    wiggle.co.uk
    chainreactioncycles.com
    evanscycles.co.uk

They all have a lot of discounts this time of year.

All of the above will ship free to Ireland.

Think with evans u have to spend over £50 to get the free shipping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I heard that the basic night vision one had a load of problems with fading and especially with the zips breaking after a few weeks, It's why I was going for the Evo version as Altura claim they've fixed the issues in this version.

They would say that, the Evo is more expensive! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

I have the EVO. It's a great winter jacket as it's relatively heavy. Very waterproof and a good cut for cycling. It also is fairly visible at night, what with all the reflective strips. As I said though it's fairly heavy so any heavy effort in it will result in sweating.

Not that I would condone it but you could drop in to places like the Wheelworx/Great Outdoors to try it on for fit before buying it.

I got a pair of the Altura Night Vision bib tights too but have yet to have the weather to try them out. I'm sure I'll get a chance fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dafman

lads need to get new pair of cycling shorts as ones I have are cheap version and causing bit of problems on long spins.Would the bib shorts be better than the ordinary cycling shorts and anyone have the Altura bib shorts version -recommend them ???? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Rew wrote: »

Exactly what happened mine. But it did take two years.

Advertisement