Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrying failed exams

Options
  • 06-09-2011 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm going into final year of degree, and just heard that it isn't possible to carry any modules into last year, I was always under the impression you could carry 15 credits into next year, anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

In the Engineering Department they used to let students carry 10 credits into final year but from last year they were only letting people carry 5 credits. Not a great idea carrying modules into final year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Found this from an older post:

In DIT you have 4 attempts at any exam. Fail the 4th and you may not be able to sit that exam for a number of years.

If you are a first year for example, it could go something like this:

1st year Summer maths - Fail
    1st Year September Maths - Fail

If it is just one, you may be allowed to carry it into 2nd year.

2nd year - 3rd attempt at summer paper = fail
    2nd year setpember - 4th attampt at maths paper = better pass

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 babybobblehead

damn i had 4 repeats and was hoping 2 carry 2 5 credits :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Whats your course. Many courses only allow you to carry 5 credits.

I've a friend who worked pertty much full time last year when repeating two modules so maybe use the year as an opportunity to get a job and pad your CV. That should allow you to meet a lot of the financial expenses you face over the year.

Another friend of mine repeated a year a few years back. He lived at home and only came in for continuos assesments. He was in the first week and had a full discussion with his lecturers and had a full discussion wih them. He studied at home as the lecturers were the type to provide a full sylabus and notes online.

Advertisement