Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electricity for new shop

Options
  • 06-09-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I'm opening my first shop in a few weeks and need to pick an electricity provider.

Airtricity have two contracts. Fixed and variable for a year at 15c a KWH

With the price hikes should i get esb at a fixed rate before their increase in a few weeks? Or is the price hike no relevant to businesses?

any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Dont forget the others. Energia being one.

Shop around though. I am a symbol franchise and the Energia rep rang me with new rates negotiated with head office.

I didnt let on I was with them already but let him spin his spiel.

His best "negotiated" rates were dearer than I am paying. I told him at the end and he didnt know what to say. LOL

Shop around and take your time.

Dont forget to do the same with your phones !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

so far airtiricty offered my 15c fixed day rate in a years contract

ESB offered 17c Variable 1 year contract with an 8% discount on any increase.

Will certainly shop around

Thanks=)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Airtricitys standing charge is 1.02 a day, versus ESB 47c ,versus Bord Gais at 41. Bord Gais prices are a little higher than Airtricity but for me they would work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

There's also the issue of a deposit, which most of the providers are looking for with a new business customer (depending on the relative energy requirements). ESB, Bord Gais and Airtricity all wanted a hefty deposit from us. Energia was the only one who didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

ESB will also offer 10% discount if you sign up to them for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Try esbie

Advertisement