Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for forwarding address - is this routine?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

for the agency of the apartment you just left to contact you looking for your forwarding address as they are intending to close the esb account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nothing too strange about that. Why didn't you close the account yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Yeah close it yourself and don't give them a forwarding address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Zamboni wrote: »
    Yeah close it yourself and don't give them a forwarding address.

The thing is I did close it myself, but your one on the phone asked for it anyway just in case there was a problem. This has made me parnoid as I broke the lease due to a number of things I wasn't satisfied with, I sent both the landlord and agency a letter explaining my dissatisfaction and that I would be moving out, I got a phone call from the agency a few days later and they accpeted my termination, I have this feeling through they wanted my address to try and take a case against me, altough they know where I work so they probably dont need it for that purpose.

Advertisement