Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 38 Question

Options
  • 06-09-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I’m starting in Dublin Business School next month and I have more or less planned my route with getting the 38 to college green and walking up to Aunginer Street.

But, I’m trying to figure out the reverse. Does anyone know where the nearest 38 stop around College green is for heading back to Blanchardstown?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

jeffk wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the nearest 38 stop around College green is for heading back to Blanchardstown?

Either bottom of Dawson Street (at Nassau St) or Suffolk St (at College Green) would be close to Aungier St. See the Dublin Bus map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

richardjjd wrote: »
    Either bottom of Dawson Street (at Nassau St) or Suffolk St (at College Green) would be close to Aungier St. See the Dublin Bus map.

Great stuff, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Try and get the 38A. the 38 goes through Castleknock and takes an eternity to get into/out of town.

The main problem with that is I live in Corduff and around the time id be getting the bus they all turn left towards Ballycoolin and bypass Corduff.

SO you have to walk to another stop and then go on a tour of the factories.

But, ill look into it for coming home at night though.

Take the 39A and get off at Blanch centre and walk the last 10 minutes?

• Advertisement

AH yeah, coming home im looking at aiming for the independent college stop and Ive been told I can get a 38 or 39 there.

Then as you say I can easily walk form the centre instead of waiting for a 38 to arrive.

From my experience if a 38 and a 39A arrived at the same time, you'd be quicker getting home if you got the 39A and walked from Blanch centre as opposed to taking the 38 which will leave you at the door.

The diversion into castleknock can take an age if there's any sort of traffic.

Thanks for all your info and help.

I'm just planning it at the minute, as i don't know anyone else on the course, so could even be a lift to be had.

Advertisement