Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Language and Unionists

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

My cousin got her census form in Ulster Scots. I never laughed sae mooch. :pac: Here's a hole, throw some money in it.

That's tee sae, ahm all fer the Ulster Scotch leid been spake doon in Dublin.

seems all one need do in order to learn ulster scotts is to watch eppisodes of the simpsons featuring groundskeeper willie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

woodoo wrote: »
    If it wasn't compulsory i would probably have taken more of an interest in it at school. As it was Irish was a torture at school. Taught in a boring strict manner.

I spent 13 years supposedly learning Irish at school and i don't have a clue what Richard has said in the above post.

You know more than me. I just used an online translator to translate "The Sash my Father Wore". I don't know the words to it in English either, but the Internet is useful at times like this.

Apparently, according to a website I found, it's Gerry Adams' party piece to sing the Sash in Irish. I have no idea if it's true.

And there's also this, from the Wolfe Tones - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbFGMo9cJ2Y

They've changed the words a bit. Not sure whether Keith will like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

They don't even sing it well. Just why would they sing the sash. Gosh, awful.

Advertisement