Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Shave in the City

Options
  • 06-09-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭

Need a bit of help.

Have a wedding at the end of the month and was wondering is there anywhere in the city where i could get a Turkish shave or hot towel shave ??

What would the prices be ??

Are they worth it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

There is a turkish barbers in Waterford Shopping Centre Lisduggan. Never went in there myself BTW, so don't know how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I think there is a Turkish barbers next door to the Istanbul Kebab shop on John's street? I am assuming its still there?

H

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jitterbug1974

Johnny in the new Barber Lane on the corner of Arundel Square is doing them at the moment- about €20-25 I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

I've gone to the Turkish Barbers on John Street before myself, nearly sure it was less than €35 for the works. Guessing it could of been around the 25 mark to be honest.

I can only recommend Sal (the owner) very highly, he's a true professional and will have you looking your best. (In saying that, I've only been in there about 5 or 6 times as I only moved back here in June)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Heathen wrote: »
    I think there is a Turkish barbers next door to the Istanbul Kebab shop on John's street? I am assuming its still there?

H

I stand corrected.. its gone, i had kebabs on the mind after posting this earlier so dropped in for one after work, and the barbers is gone now!

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Whatever you do, don't go near that Kazz Barbers for a shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I stand corrected.. its gone, i had kebabs on the mind after posting this earlier so dropped in for one after work, and the barbers is gone now!

H

Bolexe so i will be going to one on Arundel Square for the shave on the morning of the wedding lol

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

I know a few lads who have gone for these turkish shaves in town and they were crap. You could see patches on their faces where they missed.
    You,d give yourself a better shave at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Chance the boys in Istanbul ? I'M sure one of them must own a Mach 3..
    They got mad skillz slicing that döner kebab meat

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

H

Are you serious? I was only in there 2 weeks ago. Kusadasi Barbers?

It's about 5 doors up from the Kebab place.... ?

Will check later this evening but I would have thought he was cleaning up as he always had people in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

Anyone got a phone number for these Turkish barbers? I'll be in Waterford City over Christmas and was looking for a hot towel shave...

... Google, Golden Pages and 11850 have all come up with nothing.

PM me if the forum rules don't allow phone numbers.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭SupaNova

I've tried the one in Lisduggan. I can recommend it, I think I paid €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id go to Nihat in the Turkish barbers in Lisduggan Shopping Centre if you can, hes the guy used to have the shop next to the Kebab shop before moving up to Lisduggan, havent ever gotten a better shave anywhere else

If you want ill pm you his mobile number cause the shop itself doesnt have a phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

FatB wrote: »

H

Are you serious? I was only in there 2 weeks ago. Kusadasi Barbers?

It's about 5 doors up from the Kebab place.... ?

Will check later this evening but I would have thought he was cleaning up as he always had people in there.

It's still there €20 for a shave or last time I got the works it was €30

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

H

id say the fellas in istanbul kebab shop would give you a shave aswell :D

Advertisement