Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental science and health, dcu, 2nd yr.

• 06-09-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just wondering if anyone has done this course/ just completed this year.

I have to pick between these 2 modules - inorganic chemistry and pollution + the biosphere.

If anyone has done either module and has any info or advice, it would be greatly appriciated!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 YulVas

Hi there, I finished this degree course two years ago. Great course.

I chose pollution and the biosphere because my biology was much stronger than my chemistry. It worked out well and I did pretty good in this module as far as I remember. In third/fourth year I ended up focusing much more on a chemistry route than biology and so in hindsight I suppose inorganic chemistry would have been better. However, in my opinion you are much more equipped to learn stuff on your own in fourth year so I was able to brush up on my chemistry myself.

So if you need to get yourself some good marks then go with whatever you're stronger at, if you're an all-rounder then go for what you're interested in. You will more than likely change your mind a couple of times throughout the course. That was the beauty of it for me, got a feel for chemistry, biology, and physics and had the ability to choose what you preferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

imo go with the pollution & biosphere.
    To make a career out of inorganic chemistry, you'll need more than a module in 2nd year, think along the lines of phd. polluiton module should be easier too i reckon. Havent done the course, but thats my tuppence worth!

Advertisement