Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another two electric shower dilemma.!

Options
  • 06-09-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I've been asked to install a second electric shower in a farm house..the issue is that the existing shower ( triton t80) is in a converted out building with it's own Consumer unit being fed from the board in the main house.the new second shower is to be installed in the main house..never came across this before so not sure what way to go about it..should I use a priority switch or is it required..? Any suggestions from the boards experts..cheers guys!

So basically I have 2 electric showers, 2 consumer units ( one being fed from the other) the overall supply coming into the house is the same ( esb) what is the correct procedure?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

assuming you've only a standard 12kva supply

the only way i can think is a current sensing relay on the sub-main that will lock out the new shower

would need to be suitable current rating and sensing range

to allow maybe a couple of kilowatt or so on the sub-main before locking out
    new shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 johnson23

M cebee wrote: »
    assuming you've only a standard 12kva supply

the only way i can think is a current sensing relay on the sub-main that will lock out the new shower

would need to be suitable current rating and sensing

Thanks for the prompt reply M cebee, yeah it is a standard supply 12kva from the ESB..so you would recommend some form of interlocking. This is what I thought but needed a second opinion..
    This is what I will do even though it is gonna add to the cost...
    Safety first!
    Many thanks again..

dunno would that be a great setup mind you
    could be a nuisance

and you might take the rap if there any issues with overload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 johnson23

I know what your saying..it's a farm house situated in the middle of nowhere so I don't want to be getting call backs..I'm thinking that I'll have to feed the supply to the new shower from a priority board situated in the converted out house. This will be bypassing the fuseboard in the house completely but at least the two showers can't come on together ..
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers....

if you can link the boards easily with a pair you're prob alright

you can make up a priority arrangement that way

• Advertisement
Advertisement