Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney sweep

Options
  • 06-09-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone please reccommend me a reliable chimney sweep based in the north county Dublin area.
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

I used these a few moths ago. Very good service.

www.dublinchimneysweep.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

crazydaize wrote: »
    I used these a few moths ago. Very good service.

www.dublinchimneysweep.com

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

THanks very much for that suggestion but I have tried that shower, filled out their online query form, called the mobile number provided and left a message and nobody bothred returning my call.:rolleyes:

I have found a guy in the area now so all's well that ends well,
    Thanks again
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katyt

Can you give the contact for your chimney sweep, please?

Hi I wouldnt like to pass on his details as he has also let me down and not bothered turning up for the appointment made so the search continues . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chimneysweep

@ shellyb73, Im a chimney sweep and I cover Leinster and Midlands. If youre having trouble Id be happy to help if Boards allows such deals to be done. Im only brand new on it tonight.

HI Chimneysweep,

Still cant get anyone, we have an inset stove so the flue is only 5ins wide, one guy said you would have to get up on roof to clean it but wanted stupid money to do that,

Maybe send me a pm with your details,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Chimneysweep - I appreciate you asking, but Advertising is strictly forbidden by the terms & conditions that you agreed to when you registered on this site.

tHB (Mod of East fora)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It may be a bit late for the OP, but I have heard good things about Tom Stack in Skerries.

Tel: 086 826 5909
    Email: stackchimneyservices "at" gmail.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It may be a bit late for the OP, but I have heard good things about Tom Stack in Skerries.

Tel: 086 826 5909
    Email: stackchimneyservices "at" gmail.com

He's a chimney sweep and his name is Stack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

@ shellyb73, Im a chimney sweep and I cover Leinster and Midlands. If youre having trouble Id be happy to help if Boards allows such deals to be done. Im only brand new on it tonight.
    Hi there can you contact me by pm please?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

I used sweepmychimney.ie , George was the fellas name. I think he was a member of the guild of master sweeps.
    He was very knowledgeable and clean. He swept the chimney through foam inserts he had used to block up the fireplace. He fitted a vent in my wall to stop my fire smoking. I was told by someone else i'd need an expensive chimney cowl to fix it but he explained the problem, fitted the vent with a baffle to stop the wind blowing in. Now it's works great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pastorius

Hi looking for a reliable chimney sweep south Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Pastorius wrote: »

https://sootdoctor.ie/pages/chimney-cleaning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pastorius wrote: »

You may have clicked into the wrong forum, you'll have more luck in the Dublin County South forum https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=893

I'm closing this thread because it's so old the information in it will be out of date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement