Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantastic Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thats very cheap!!! May get one of the large ones as will be helping out transporting rescue dogs so best to secure them in a crate!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Julybreeze wrote: »
    I just had to share this link, I've never seen dog crates at such a great price: http://www.jebbtools.ie/Category/Dog-crates

I dont know. I think once you add in the 9 euro they charge for delievry its pretty much the same as all the online retailers. Mollys.ie and Zooplus (see link) have them for similar prices and zooplus give you 5 % off your first order and free delivery above 30e. I am actually shopping around for a crate at the mo so I have been doing some research :)
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers/metal_cages_and_boxes/129680

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

I'm not a fan of the zooplus crates because of the metal tray, it dents easily and makes noise which scares some dogs.

I'm not a fan of the zooplus crates because of the metal tray, it dents easily and makes noise which scares some dogs.

Thats interesting to hear because I would never have thought of that. Are you buying the crates for transportation or training if you dont mind me asking? I only ask because Im getting a new pup (toy breed) and I am considering crate training but not yet totally decided.

closifer wrote: »
    Thats interesting to hear because I would never have thought of that. Are you buying the crates for transportation or training if you dont mind me asking? I only ask because Im getting a new pup (toy breed) and I am considering crate training but not yet totally decided.

I originally bought a zooplus crate when my dog had hip surgery as she needed to be confined, we spent a while getting her used to it before surgery bit she was just too scared of the noise the metal tray made when she moved about, even though we has a thick cushion bed in there.

I ended up going to the pet shop ans buying an i-crate type crate with a plastic tray as we didn't have time to wait for delivery. We're now 18 months post-op and herself and her brother sleep in the crate every night.

I didn't crate train them as it wasn't really the done thing 7 years ago. I think it's a great idea though and would definitely use that method if I got a new dog and have some info on it that I could forward to you of you wish.

• Advertisement

I originally bought a zooplus crate when my dog had hip surgery as she needed to be confined, we spent a while getting her used to it before surgery bit she was just too scared of the noise the metal tray made when she moved about, even though we has a thick cushion bed in there.

I ended up going to the pet shop ans buying an i-crate type crate with a plastic tray as we didn't have time to wait for delivery. We're now 18 months post-op and herself and her brother sleep in the crate every night.

I didn't crate train them as it wasn't really the done thing 7 years ago. I think it's a great idea though and would definitely use that method if I got a new dog and have some info on it that I could forward to you of you wish.

that would be great! Thank you! I had this mis conception that crate training was cruel but Ive seen friends successfully do this and I think im converted. Plus we previously had an incredibly stubborn dachshund who could never be properly housebroken and I couldnt go through that again!

closifer wrote: »
    that would be great! Thank you! I had this mis conception that crate training was cruel but Ive seen friends successfully do this and I think im converted. Plus we previously had an incredibly stubborn dachshund who could never be properly housebroken and I couldnt go through that again!

I'd recommend reading this: http://deesdogs.com/documents/housetrainingyourpuppy.pdf

and then this: http://deesdogs.com/documents/cratetrianing.pdf

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago, they have metal trays in them. They do the job just fine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Dont need a create for my guy, he is very well behaved, still have the one I bought for him folded out my back, but I paid €40 for XL size and got it online from zoo plus I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Dont need a create for my guy, he is very well behaved, still have the one I bought for him folded out my back, but I paid €40 for XL size and got it online from zoo plus I think.

Our 2 aren't in them cus of their behaviour more cus we moving and wanted to make transition easier on them by giving them their own space. Have crates up in living room, 2 beds in living room and one big bed in utility and they spend most of time cuddled up on sofa or in crates, totally their choice. But €40 still a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I have 7 crates all bought from different places.

Recently I needed 2 new ones and researched them all online.

They do vary in size quite a lot, but what I found was that Zooplus had the best reviews and the best prices.

Yes I agree the metal base can scare a dog, as one of mine is a nervous wreck anyway. What I did was get old pieces of spare carpet and cut to measure the base exactly. This gets rid of the noise.

Then I put the vet bed on top of that so it's nice and cosy.

Worth doing a bit of research on crates if you are buying. I think Argos do them too but reviews say they are flimsy.

Second hand can also be a good option. I recently got a massive 2nd hand one (great dane size) for €80!

Good luck!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I thought the title said fantastic priZes, how disappointing!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I bought Lexi's crate off these guys. Great quality & service next day delivery by nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Yep we bough Elmo's here too and next day delivery. Great service. Don't think we had to pay any delivery charge either.

Advertisement