Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless Drill

Options
  • 06-09-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a reasonablely priced cordless drill that I can do a few bits around the house with. First job will be to put up a new mirror in the bathroom and then maybe a wall mount in a few weeks time maybe.

There was a great bargain for an AEG 18v with 100 piece set and 2 batterys for 60e a little over a month ago which I'm raging I didn't see because I probably would have jumped on that.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Thanks......looks like a decent deal. Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

If its only for home use you would be far better off with a corded drill, found this one at a reasonable price and it would be a better hammer than the cordless drill.

http://www.acefixings.com/bosch-gsb1600re-professional-corded-1-speed-impact-drill-110v-p1076

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Don't know if you want a fairly good one or just a cheap one but I was in Lidl yesterday and saw a cordless drill. Didn't take that much notice of the price but i think it was under 50Euro.

Don't know how reliable these are but thought I'd say. Had a few drill bits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

tevion1 wrote: »
    If its only for home use you would be far better off with a corded drill, found this one at a reasonable price and it would be a better hammer than the cordless drill.

http://www.acefixings.com/bosch-gsb1600re-professional-corded-1-speed-impact-drill-110v-p1076

Just to note the the one linked is a 110V... would require transformer.. Just sayin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Just to note the the one linked is a 110V... would require transformer.. Just sayin...

My bad,

Still a mains drill for a diyer for use at home would be as good, if not better, those cheap cordless drills have no real hammer to them.
    I have heavy duty drills in both cordless and corded, if theres a lot of work in one area id always go for the power corded drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Thanks Lads, ended up going for the one Cork45 suggested. A kind lady in the tallaght branch of B&Q put one by for me. She also said if I mentioned her name when I was collecting it I could have 20% off aswell. Sweet!!! For 80quid its a great bit of kit. Priced the same one in my local homebase and they were looking for 279 quid for it!!! What a rip off. I will never shop in there again.

Cheers guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement