Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nursing home pay??

Options
  • 06-09-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Does anyone know what kind of pay should someone expect in a nursing home as a General Assistant i.e cleaning, tea making, laundry etc.. Theres a couple new nursing homes opening in cork and am curious is it more than minimum wage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

My mam does it, I think she's on somewhere around 13 or 15 an hour as a domestic. But she is in a well established nursing home, I would expect newer ones to take advantage of the current economy and pay a bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

I already went for interview for new one opening in Baliincollig but was so nervous forgot to ask. It may be a couple months before I hear from them again as it is. I'm so annoyed at myself for forgetting and really just want to ring her and ask her but probably can't now...

Advertisement