Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kestrel shotty any good?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Just bought a cheap shotty. As Im really just into rifles im only getting a shotgut cause im sick of saying no when asked out for a shot.
    its in good order so surely itll serve its purpose but have any of you ever had one. How bad are they? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Just bought a cheap shotty. As Im really just into rifles im only getting a shotgut cause im sick of saying no when asked out for a shot.
    its in good order so surely itll serve its purpose but have any of you ever had one. How bad are they? :o

My grandfather had one. Bought it new in 1969. Only problem it ever had was the release on the fore grip broke a few years ago and wouldnt lock into place. Id say this was due to age. Lovely gun though gave years of trouble free shooting. The uncle has it now rusting away sitting in the wardrobe, shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

the father has one for the last 30 years its a lovely gun to shoot with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I have one in storage, I had the barells cut down to 26inch for my son (that went away to University) quarter and half choke,a lovely s/s that I hated putting away,a nice gun but hard on the shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KenOffally

my father has one the last 20 odd years, its 12 gauge side by side, nice gun, never fails to shoot, but your shoulder would def know your shooting it lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

i would class it as a hurley stick with a lenght of gunbarrel piping strapped on to it.
    But it beats sitting at home on your own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

welsummer wrote: »
    i would class it as a hurley stick with a lenght of gunbarrel piping strapped on to it.
    But it beats sitting at home on your own
    True,My one used to nearly break my middle finger off the trigger guard every time I fired it, but it got me out into the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

marlin vs wrote: »
    True,My one used to nearly break my middle finger off the trigger guard every time I fired it, but it got me out into the countryside.

My dad had a side by side shotgun called a shuel that did that. i use to dread firing it

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

KenOffally wrote: »
    .. but your shoulder would def know your shooting it lol ;)

bruised shoulder pics to follow so :)

Advertisement