Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade cab owners - can you checkout these CRT pics? (Large Pics Warning!))

• 06-09-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭

Since seeing the hassle folks had here with their monitors/CRTs on their newly accurired cabinaets, I'm looking for folks to checkout these pics to let me know what they think.

(removed inline images, too big so they are!)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looks to be some pin-cushion effect across the middle of it - should be able to adjust that out with the relevant pot. I've have had the same on mine and it's fixable using the adjustment pots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As above, looks stretched out a bit too far. You'd wonder if its to hide something, as Steve was able to do with his adjustments? On the whole though I'd say it was more than likely a matter of adjusting the pincushion pots etc.

Where is this place of glory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

The UK unfortunately so unable to see it in the flesh - would also need to convert it from a 2 player, 2~3 button to a 2 player, 6 button. Wonder if its just a case with a Naomi to add the extra buttons and they just connect back to the I/O board?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    The UK unfortunately so unable to see it in the flesh - would also need to convert it from a 2 player, 2~3 button to a 2 player, 6 button. Wonder if its just a case with a Naomi to add the extra buttons and they just connect back to the I/O board?

This link any use http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Naomi_Universal#Control_Panel?

Andrew76 wrote: »

Might be, but gonna see if the dude has a cab with all 6 buttons per player

• Advertisement

Another pic attached of another cab.
    From seller; "Original Toshiba tube with Nanao MS2931 chassis in good condition, very little burn, 15 khz invisible, 31 khz very light on white screen, geometry is good, see picture"

Thoughts? Any questions or additional pictures I should ask for to test the quality of the CRT/Chassis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Another pic attached of another cab.
    From seller; "Original Toshiba tube with Nanao MS2931 chassis in good condition, very little burn, 15 khz invisible, 31 khz very light on white screen, geometry is good, see picture"

Thoughts? Any questions or additional pictures I should ask for to test the quality of the CRT/Chassis?

Very nicely set up so it looks.

My first thought was nice and crisp! But is there slight curvature on the left hand side? The left most vertical grid line looks like it curves towards the frame heading towards the upper left. Not sure if that's a big deal though. Nice looking cab, looks like the sit down version?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    My first thought was nice and crisp! But is there slight curvature on the left hand side? The left most vertical grid line looks like it curves towards the frame heading towards the upper left. Not sure if that's a big deal though. Nice looking cab, looks like the sit down version?

Its a sit down, Naomi cab but lacking a Naomi main-board so will see. Working out kinda expensive tbh. Would need a Naomi main-board, 2 player 6 button controller and a step-down transformer.
    Waiting on my other contacts to come back to me as they suggest they might have something similar but cheaper :)

Keeping with Naomi as I have a Net Dimm coming with some goodies

Ah, a lad from Sega UK has been in contact :) They might be able to sort me out, gonna see about prices tomorrow

• Advertisement

Ah, a lad from Sega UK has been in contact :) They might be able to sort me out, gonna see about prices tomorrow

Fingers crossed so. Sure keep this thread updated if you like, the more cab owners round these parts the better. Knowledge sharing and all that. :D

Might have found a source of a limited number of Naomi cabs in the UK :) woot! Details to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maxheadr00m

Hey did you get anymore info on those Naomi cabs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think he has sourced two of them.
    He is on holidays at the mo, but while cruising the med I'm sure all he's thinking of is Virtua Tennis 2!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think he has sourced two of them.
    He is on holidays at the mo, but while cruising the med I'm sure all he's thinking of is Virtua Tennis 2!

Sourced two, both I believe on a truck heading to Dublin at the mo (I hope).
    I really only want one so if anyone has cash waiting let me know as I might want to off load it, no time wasters and all that jazz mind!

Advertisement