Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband for PS3??

Options
  • 06-09-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Moving to Dunfanaghy in a few weeks and was wondering what my best options were for hooking up my playstation to play online?? Theres a phone line in the house which has not been activated yet. Don't think we have UPC in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hanlein wrote: »
    Moving to Dunfanaghy in a few weeks and was wondering what my best options were for hooking up my playstation to play online?? Theres a phone line in the house which has not been activated yet. Don't think we have UPC in the area.

There's no UPC anywhere in Donegal so the best you can do for gaming is DSL broadband through the phoneline with the likes of Eircom etc. Avoid the likes of 3, Vodafone mobile "broadband" as they are terrible for online gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've Digiweb, cannot get the PS3 online at all. So not them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hanlein

Not getting good reviews of anything. Any opinion on wiimax??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

I wounldn't get anything that doesn't have a wire(in you case DSL) to the house. Anything wireless is prone to lag and interference so is less reliable - WiMax, Satellite, Mobile dongle are all out. Wi-fi in the house is grand however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I had Wii-max here in Letterkenny & it worked perfect for my PS3 & was cheap too..however i dont know if thats relevant seeing as your in Dunfanaghy but i thought id post anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hanlein

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I had Wii-max here in Letterkenny & it worked perfect for my PS3 & was cheap too..however i dont know if thats relevant seeing as your in Dunfanaghy but i thought id post anyway :)

Cheers i will check that out tomorrow. Dread the thought of leaving NTL just as MW3 coming out.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

We use UTV and have had no problems at all with it the youngsters are online all the time
    Oh we are in Burtonport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hanlein wrote: »
    Cheers i will check that out tomorrow. Dread the thought of leaving NTL just as MW3 coming out.:pac:

If your used playing on UPC, God help you if you get wiimax, terrible for the likes of COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

I live in letterkenny and wimax is fine for ps3 KZ3 and battlefield bad company 2 work a dream, my girlfriend plays COD and has no complaints either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I live in letterkenny and wimax is fine for ps3 KZ3 and battlefield bad company 2 work a dream, my girlfriend plays COD and has no complaints either.
    was the same as i said earlier had it in letterkenny & COD is my main game..never any problems & same now with eircom :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Depends really where you are and if you can get a strong enough signal so nobody really can recommend it.

I have used eircom & vodafone wired broadband. 3meg grant

Lot of bad reports about wimax not working out for people and them stuck on contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Hey

I have mobile broadband with Three but the service is very up and down and i want to get broadband in the house. Could anyone recommend a service provider for Ballybofey.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

talkabout wrote: »
    Hey

I have mobile broadband with Three but the service is very up and down and i want to get broadband in the house. Could anyone recommend a service provider for Ballybofey.

Thanks
    Im with Vodafone for the bb (DSL) and landline and have to say they are probably about the cheapest out there. No problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Thanks Muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

smart offer one of the highest at 10mb. great service imo.

Advertisement