Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group split or all in one?

• 06-09-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

I am wondering about NC003 course. if there is a lot of people are they gonna be split into groups like classes? Or not? if yes I am allowed to change groups or perhaps ask to be assigned into 1 group with my friend? or will all stay together as one huge class?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Haunted Negativity

Well, I got a friend in IT-Tallaght and he said that his computing course is split into two classes, makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Well, I got a friend in IT-Tallaght and he said that his computing course is split into two classes, makes sense.

I wonder is it same here.

Well I think it would benefit us. Small class sizes better exam results? :rolleyes:

Well I think it would benefit us. Small class sizes better exam results? :rolleyes:

Don't know. I am ok with splitting as long as I stay with my friend in same group :D If you know what I mean.

Friend as in girfriend, or the "other" type of friend

• Advertisement

Friend as in girfriend, or the "other" type of friend

No, just girl that is my friend. It just appears a coincidence what we are in same course with her.

arleitiss wrote: »
    No, just girl that is my friend. It just appears a coincidence what we are in same course with her.

Cool, I see. Anyways man I'll see ya on Thursday!.

Cool, I see. Anyways man I'll see ya on Thursday!.

Yep. My real name is Artur, Surname: Leitis. Thats where my nickname comes from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sounds like the plot to a movie...

I don't really care how the classes are split for the course, I just want to see who doesn't make it to the end :pac:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Sounds like the plot to a movie...

I don't really care how the classes are split for the course, I just want to see who doesn't make it to the end :pac:

That wont be me for sure lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Not in the same course...

But I'm in business and the way it works is:

The lectures everyone is together in one room.

Then for tutorials your split into smaller groups. Usually 4 to 5 groups.

And their ordered alphabetically by surname. So if your friend has a second name close enough to yours then you might be with her for all classes. E.g. Roberts and Smith.

Don't quote me on this your course could be different but I'd say it's done this way.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Not in the same course...

But I'm in business and the way it works is:

The lectures everyone is together in one room.

Then for tutorials your split into smaller groups. Usually 4 to 5 groups.

And their ordered alphabetically by surname. So if your friend has a second name close enough to yours then you might be with her for all classes. E.g. Roberts and Smith.

Don't quote me on this your course could be different but I'd say it's done this way.

Yeah my name begins with: Lei, and my friends name with Lob. Close enough I suppose?
    I mean Surnames.

As long as this is how your course works as well than your almost guaranteed to be in the same class for the whole year. Unless your right at the end of one list and she's at the top of the other. But that's a long shot.

DubDJ wrote: »
    As long as this is how your course works as well than your almost guaranteed to be in the same class for the whole year. Unless your right at the end of one list and she's at the top of the other. But that's a long shot.

Ah well no point guessing now I guess. Will see how it happens. Going sleep. Big day tomorrow :D

Ah well no point guessing now I guess. Will see how it happens. Going sleep. Big day tomorrow :D

Good luck mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dyl1991

if its the Higher cert in computing (i dont know course codes :P), the class will be small anyway, and only the business-y kind of modules will be with the BsC class.

Advertisement