Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Assault In City Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

holy fook:eek:

i assume there is more to this story, or the guy was off his head on drink or drugs,
    as mentioned though the guy should have legged it, easy to say now but the garda station is only around the corner!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh my god! I don't live far away; that makes me nervous now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Very easy to have hindsight in a situation like that, but your mind doesn't work well in a confrontation with weapons - I got the absolute snot knocked out of me as a teenager with sticks and dog leads. Hindsight says I should have run, but I froze on the spot.

Hope he gets well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Notice the part that said the scumbag was allowed out on bail :rolleyes:

"Mom, i'm going to stab a man with a screwdriver multiple times. I'll get caught by the Gardaí and be in front of a judge, but i'll be back before dinner."
    Owen wrote: »
    Hope he gets well soon.

Thankfully he will physically, but I wonder how much traumatic this has been for the victim. Hopefully he will keep going to his job every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Anyone know anything about a big pool of blood at the bus stop near Daily's centra in Douglas? I nearly stepped in it this morning. The CSI crowd were out taking pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

From what i heard it wasn't a junkie.The man is just a mental case who the guards have decided is still okay to roam this city's streets.:rolleyes:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

they had no objection to bail???
    he randomly stabbed a person unprovoked and he's not considered a danger to the public? stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bail FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

This country is some joke of a place....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Anyone have an update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

A nutcase apparently has a history of threatening staff in Post Offices and shops -- particularly in the Blackrock area.

Advertisement