Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v terms of service changes.. for the worse.

Options
  • 06-09-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

As advised in May, we will be making changes to the Terms and Conditions for 3V Vouchers on 21 September. You can read the full text of the new Terms and Conditions here, but the main changes are:
    • From 21st September, 3V Vouchers will no longer be issued by permanent tsb. The Vouchers from that date will be issued by Raphaels Bank.
    • Vouchers will be available in €10 denominations from €30 to €350. The €20 Voucher will no longer be available. There is no change to the purchase fees.
    • You will be now be able to transfer funds from a 3V Voucher to an unexpired Voucher at any time, before or after expiry. The transfer fee is still €2.50. You can also still redeem funds to your bank account.
    • A Monthly Service Fee of €3.00 will be charged from the end of the first month after expiry of the Visa number and every month thereafter, until the balance on the Voucher is transferred, redeemed or reduced to zero.

Source: https://www.3v.ie/some_changes_for_3V_vouchers.html

Holy cow. Well that's the end of me and 3v anyway. moneybookers mastercard just jumped even more ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Me and all. I have a 3V card as a back up to my Moneybookers one. Moneybookers are streets ahead of 3V and with these new terms and conditions they can stick it. What a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Agreed...........

That's off the wall like....

Time to dump 3V big time...

Thank fook for paypal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

what is moneybookers please?

i have a 3v but i got an o2 money card last month so i don't see me using my 3v again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

hdowney wrote: »

i have a 3v but i got an o2 money card last month so i don't see me using my 3v again

same as myself both 3v and o2 card ....the o2 card is better than the 3v but there is just far to many fee's if ya could top up by say 300 euro with out any fee's it would improve it alot ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anybody else find it funny that TSB went in with these guys on this, then came up with the Visa Debit card, then left 3V? :D

Anyway, I don't see what the big issue is - ok, so €30 is the min now, hardly the end of the world, and the €3 charge bit is a bit of a joke... but I buy 'credit' for my 3V card as needed, so it's usually empty within a matter of days of me buying it.

Am I missing something, here? The coffee's still kicking in, in my defense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

hdowney wrote: »

http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mastercard/

3V is a joke, i'll never use that card again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ive spent over to 5 grand with 3v over the last few years (had to register a new account as i maxed out the first one). When these new charges come in, thats me gone from 3v. My bank (BOI) will be bringing in a visa debit later in the year, ill be using that to buy online. 3V is not going to last with the new company behind it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ta tu aerach

Only losers use prepaid contraptions these days.

Why would pay for such a thing when Ulsterbank and TSB offer a visa debit as standard? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

wobbles wrote: »
    Ive spent over to 5 grand with 3v over the last few years (had to register a new account as i maxed out the first one). When these new charges come in, thats me gone from 3v. My bank (BOI) will be bringing in a visa debit later in the year, ill be using that to buy online. 3V is not going to last with the new company behind it

how do you max it out?? :eek::eek:
    Only losers use prepaid contraptions these days.

Why would pay for such a thing when Ulsterbank and TSB offer a visa debit as standard? :rolleyes:

eh if you don't bank with them, cos perhaps there is no branch near you?

Advertisement