Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card

Options
  • 06-09-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

On the 6th of June I applied for a Tesco Credit Card, as I saw them advertised in Store. I thought it seemed a good deal and it said they are fast at processing.

I decided to go ahead and completed the form there and then. I first rang the freefone number to confirm that I would have access on online banking which I was told that I would.

All going well I sent off the application form. I heard nothing back for 3 weeks so decided to call them, they told me that they did not get my application so I sent a new one by the online form system. I then rang a week later and they told me that they had to applications now and were processing one of them and that I would receive corrispondence in the post. I waited approx a month before receiving a letter requesting photo ID and proof of address. I sent these off right away and heard nothing back until yesterday! I got my new card and rang up to have it activated. I asked them on the phone how do I go about registering for the online banking. They told me that Irish cant get online banking. I went mad on the phone! I waited 3 months for the card and then be told that I cant get online banking!

I asked for a manager and complained! Waisted my time as I got nowhere! I told them were to stick the card, is a nice mannor and left it at that! When the card came through the door the envelope was even open. The manager tried to say maybe it was the postman! HA :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Make sure your not hit with the €30 government stamp duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Make sure your not hit with the €30 government stamp duty.

The card was never used so that cant charge my account with anything. The account has been fully closed down as I dont want that type of crap service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've had a Tesco credit card for several years now, and although I'm overall happy with it, the lack of online banking is a problem. But I did know that from day one. It's a pity that it wasn't made clearer to you.

Double check that you don't owe the government stamp duty. It applies to the account, not whether or not you used the card.

Advertisement