Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sci Fi Soc

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Just Sci Fi Soc. The Socs office thought it would be good if we had the same name as most of the other college Sci Fi societies around. You know, to avoid confusion...

Makes sense i suppose. I still would have liked NerdSoc. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vived

Could you give me a shout with room no. and time,
    most definitely interested in this after seeing a Hitch hiker dedication night!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Hey,

If this society exists, could someone put me in contact with a committee member?

I'm from the DCU Sci Fi Soc - Strange Things - and we're trying to organise some intervarsity things.

Cheers,

Carri

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Carri wrote: »
    Hey,

If this society exists, could someone put me in contact with a committee member?

I'm from the DCU Sci Fi Soc - Strange Things - and we're trying to organise some intervarsity things.

Cheers,

Carri
    it should go with out saying, but just in case, don't post contact details on thread, send by PM please. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I was slightly involved in the Irish Sci Fi Soc in its early days, and it got a lot of help from 2 writers who lived locally, Harry Harrison and Anne McCaffrey.

Anne McCaffrey has just passed away at her Irish home, so this seems a good moment for you to start a new society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Did anything ever happen with this???

Advertisement