Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless headphones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unknown at the moment, they don't know when they will have them in stock.

Are they even released in Europe yet? I'm mad after a pair of these they look class! Anywhere up North selling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

James__10 wrote: »
    Are they even released in Europe yet? I'm mad after a pair of these they look class! Anywhere up North selling them?

i got them off videogamesplus.ca !
    took around 7 days to reach here which is amazing....they were Instock at the time tho.

4real wrote: »
    i got them off videogamesplus.ca !
    took around 7 days to reach here which is amazing....they were Instock at the time tho.

7 day delivery to Ireland :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

7 day delivery to Ireland :confused:

the fact that its coming from Canada makes it understandable, i didnt mind waiting...

4real wrote: »
    the fact that its coming from Canada makes it understandable, i didnt mind waiting...

I'm not complaining thats actually brillaint. I sent them a email asking them when will they be in stock hopefully I get a reply soon.

Might be a silly question but if your tv has a usb port can u use those earphones to listen to the tv? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dohcturbo

tonydude wrote: »

Ordered them yesterday from planet axel. ;)
    How long did they take to get to you and did you have to pay any duty?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dohcturbo wrote: »
    Ordered them yesterday from planet axel. ;)
    How long did they take to get to you and did you have to pay any duty?

They won't be dispatched from planet axel til they get a shipment in.

They don't know when they will have stock, hence the note from their site:
    Usually ships within 7-28 working days! Item is available and on backorder with the supplier.

You could be waiting a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dohcturbo

They won't be dispatched from planet axel til they get a shipment in.

They don't know when they will have stock, hence the note from their site:

You could be waiting a while.

They should be in the end of the month.
    Thats what he said anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Game UK , HMV UK and Amazon are now showing these in stock so hopefully we'll be getting them over here soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thanks for the update.

I wouldn't even be considering these except for the fact I have a TV and Cinema System that lack a headphone slot - tis a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ordered these on the 18th myself. While I don't mind waiting I really want to test these out!

Edit: Just after posting this I check my email to see a status update! Got excited and then all it was was a message saying it had been on back order longer then 5 days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

moz wrote: »
    Game UK , HMV UK and Amazon are now showing these in stock so hopefully we'll be getting them over here soon.

Not in stock with Game or Amazon now.

Would they be in stock up in Newry or Belfast?

Would they be in stock up in Newry or Belfast?

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i think i remember seeing that the sony official ones will be launched in europe from the 1/12/2011 but i may be mistaken,
    I have been looking for a decent set of headphones to use in the wee hours, the sony ones look good but i think its a bit too much for exclusive to ps3, i am looking for a decent set that will work with the ps3/iphone and also have an aux input so i can use them when travelling, so far the only ones that seem to be anywhere near this are sennheiser and they are not well rated online.

Anyone any ideas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Didn't have any problem purchasing off Game earlier. Didn't say the item was out of stock when I added it nor when I finished purchasing. Only says pre-order, but also states that the release date is today.

Dunno whats going on tbh :confused: All I knows is I wants 'em but they're sold out everywhere :(

Just got a notification to say that the ones I ordered off Game have been shipped. Should have em by the middle of next week... if I'm lucky that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Good luck wth them they are well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Being the cheap git I am I bought a pair of techique?? wireless headphones in buylo on the naas road for €13 yesterday, now theres no mic on them but they work fine on the tv laptop and ps3 oh and have fm radio reciver too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I was talking with a guy in my local HMV today and I asked him if the official PS3 ones were coming in. He checked and they were showing on the system but he did not have a delivery date and he was not able to order them. Probably because of supply issues he said.
    He also checked the price for me... €100.99

• Advertisement

Any word?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just got a notification to say that the ones I ordered off Game have been shipped. Should have em by the middle of next week... if I'm lucky that is

Arrived today... gonna give em an oul test drive soon, can't wait :)

noodler wrote: »
    Any word?

I haven't received an email and I ordered them on the 18th. :(
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Arrived today... gonna give em an oul test drive soon, can't wait :)

I really want to test them out!

tok9 wrote: »
    I haven't received an email and I ordered them on the 18th. :(

I really want to test them out!

I got mine via Game and they were surprisingly quick to ship them. They were only released on their website (and I'm assuming their stores also) on the Friday just gone. Sent them an email just to see whether they were still on pre-order or back order and they said that while officially they were listed as pre-order, headsets were being sent out.

Got an email then Sunday to let me know my order had been shipped and they arrived today. Gonna jump onto BF3 in a few to check em out :D

They really do look the part though. Buttons are easily accessible and nicely hidden, comfy fit etc... although the mic boom is flimsy enough when fully extended. Not that much of an issue unless you get serious rage and lob em across the room or something :pac:

Tough one now, none of the big three have them in stock. I think I'll throw an order in with Axel anyway.

They are so worth the money paid :D:D

Sent Axel an email today and this was the response:
    We are waiting on more stock of these headsets to arrive later this week at which point we will ship you your order. We apologize for the inconvenience and are doing everything we can to fulfill your order.

It takes on average abour 5-9 business days to deliver to Ireland.

They really are worth the wait. Was playing for hours last night with them on and they're really comfy. Had no soreness after wearing them at all and the sound itself from them is incredible. Especially when you hear the sound of an RPG whistle past your head :D

Now I just want to try and time how long the battery lasts as I believe, and assume, that they arrived fully charged and lasted a good five/six or so hours before they started making noises.

Cheers for that Tok. Hopefully they ordered in more than just yours.

Ordered from Axel just there. 81e delivered going by XE.

Also with the promise to avoide customs charges etc so hopefully they get some in with your shipment for me Tok!

• Advertisement

Got an email saying this:
    Verifying stock location and availability at our New York, USA location. If currently in stock, please allow up to 24 hours turn-around time.

Sincerely hope they send it to their Euro office first so as to comply with their promise I wouldn't have to pay extra customs!

My order says it's verifying stock availability in Canada since I ordered so I wouldn't be confident that both of our orders would be sent the same time.

Edit: Also they have only one day left to get them in before the end of the week! I have a bad feeling I won't be using them until after the New Year! :(

My order says it's verifying stock availability in Canada since I ordered so I wouldn't be confident that both of our orders would be sent the same time.

Edit: Also they have only one day left to get them in before the end of the week! I have a bad feeling I won't be using them until after the New Year! :(

I am still confident of having them by Xmas.

Amazon.co.uk now say 2-4 weeks for dispatch but they are 90 sterling so meh to that.

Official Sony headset back in stock at VG+ for anyone still after a set.
    Can't imagine they'll last long.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19140

Official Sony headset back in stock at VG+ for anyone still after a set.
    Can't imagine they'll last long.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19140

Tempted to cancel my Axel order but I just have the fear about customs on stuff at this price.

noodler wrote: »
    Tempted to cancel my Axel order but I just have the fear about customs on stuff at this price.

I've bought plenty of games off them, they always marked it "$20 - toy game".
    However, at this time of year, customs may be a little bit stricter with what packages they check.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Now available in game (Cork). Just picked them up at lunch for €109.

Checked on Amazon and they were about £117 sterling I think from one of the resellers. Seem to be selling really fast as the stock count on Amazon went down about 5 units in an hour!

For anyone that has ordered these on videogamesplus.ca, how long did delivery take?

Can you get cheaper wireless headphones without the bluetooth headset that'd work on the ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Invest in a pair of TurtleBeach. Value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

If anyone is interested in sony ps3 headphones, you can buy them in GAME shop.
    My wife got me a pair yesterday. They cost 109e.

No.

why not?

why not?

Because the manufacturer couldn't be arsed.

I typed in "PS3 headset" into argos.ie and this was the result:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=20&s=Price%3A+High+-+Low&storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&q=PS3+HEADSET&authToken=

• Advertisement

twinsen wrote: »
    No

why whats up with them?

why whats up with them?

You cant use them when you charge them, and it can take few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

twinsen wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in sony ps3 headphones, you can buy them in GAME shop.
    My wife got me a pair yesterday. They cost 109e.

Any particular store where she got them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement