Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Business 2012

• 06-09-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Has anyone any idea what will come up in the 2012 Business Exam???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

The ABQ units are very important to study first anyway, i'm not entirely sure what they are this year. Thats section two of the exam covered.

Section 3: The long questions

Q1 is usually unit 1

Q2 unit 6

Q3 unit 7

Q's 4,5,6,7 the remaining units (2,3...)

The E.U did not come up last year!

I think it was the first time in 12 years. So a serious tip.

Any questions just let me know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Nothing apart from the ABQ (as mentioned by Sunny!!) is certain to come up. You can try to predict what will come up, you can listen to other people but just know that nothing will definitely come up.

Please take the advice, we don't want more things happening like the Boland incident from 2010.. :pac:

i forgot to mention:p
    learn all the course:)
    There only little tips!!

And no one want's a repeat of boland:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

the only thing i think might come up this year is the Break Even Chart - hasn't been up since 2008. That said, the LC Business course is incredibly long so it's very very hard to predict. That said, in order to save time - generally students focus on either unit 1 OR unit 7 - as you know that they're pretty much both guaranteed every year. (generally!!)

highly1111 wrote: »
    the only thing i think might come up this year is the Break Even Chart - hasn't been up since 2008. That said, the LC Business course is incredibly long so it's very very hard to predict. That said, in order to save time - generally students focus on either unit 1 OR unit 7 - as you know that they're pretty much both guaranteed every year. (generally!!)

break even was on last years exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Thanks Sunny!! I'm such an idiot - still in 2010 mode - i.e. this time last year!! I predicted correctly last year, I just need to engage into 2011-2012! doh!!

highly1111 wrote: »
    Thanks Sunny!! I'm such an idiot - still in 2010 mode - i.e. this time last year!! I predicted correctly last year, I just need to engage into 2011-2012! doh!!

ah sure it has the same chance coming up next year though! No guarantees. It will more than likely be a short next year if it appears, I haven't seen it as a short for a while couldn't tell you the year. I reckon a memo in the shorts anyway none last year

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Business is one of the most unpredictable of subjects for the leaving cert. Sometimes things come up 2 or 3 years in a row and sometimes they may never come up.

Don't go by predictions in business. I did in 2010 and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The ABQ for this year is unit 3,4,5 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MedGirl17

I find the best way to try and figure out will come up is by looking through the past exam papers. When they ask about a particular topic, they tend to ask it in the same way, so at least you can predict how to answer the questions that will come up, if you can't exactly predict what exact questions will come up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The ABQ for this year is unit 3,4,5 .

Sorry I made a mistake I read the wrong page. ABQ for this year is 4,5,6
    I forgot it's not 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tweetie2012

Hi, anybody any tips for business higher level this year. Did any body go to yeats or park house for easter revision in this subject and did they get any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7 condaly101

hi guys, i really want a C in bussines got 50% in the pre's does anyone have any idea on what might or what is tipped to come up would be so appreciative thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you want to check what might come up, check the syllabus, NOT any text book.

Advertisement