Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BF3 Servers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

48 is a good number, also a mix in gametypes maybe.

Most people won't stay for a full compliment of maps, especially if its

Caspian / Conquest/ 64 x2
    Sein / Conquest / 64 x2

The above 4 probably take 2 hours combined, so the other maps haven't been played and the other gametypes not even touched upon.

When on the other night, after the first round of Seine crossing...I asked for a map change/skip . Most if not all players agreed and also voiced it, however there was no CI admin on at the time to change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

problem is not 32 48 64. problem is that if server is empty, no one will join it.

Unfortunately eveyone refresh theyr favorite list of servers, see craggy empty, and then join other servers. I have seen lots of times, when my friends list with irish lads has plenty online, but all are all over the place.

Problem, minimum 4 player start ( which is not to be blamed by craggy and its admins ) to play. I bet if there would be atleast 1 or 2 people on server, others will pour in.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

CRAGGY
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    48 is a good number, also a mix in gametypes maybe.

Most people won't stay for a full compliment of maps, especially if its

Caspian / Conquest/ 64 x2
    Sein / Conquest / 64 x2

The above 4 probably take 2 hours combined, so the other maps haven't been played and the other gametypes not even touched upon.

When on the other night, after the first round of Seine crossing...I asked for a map change/skip . Most if not all players agreed and also voiced it, however there was no CI admin on at the time to change :(

All good points:
    (1) However don't mix up map size with player slots. We can set the max number of players in increments of one, up to 64 players. However the map sizes vary by powers of 2; i.e. 8,16,32,64. We play either a 32 map or a 64 map. I could set the ticket factor to shorten the games but would prefer to see what the overall opinion of that is.

(2) I will change the map quantity immediately to x1 to rotate it faster. I put a map vote on platoon so that we could identify the most popular maps. BTW rush seems to clear servers :)

(3) Admin privileges are limited for the moment whilst we sort out stability issues with the control utility. There is nearly always an admin on the admin channel in our teamspeak. Switch to that if there are any issues. Better yet, start using the teamspeak. You will find

problem is not 32 48 64. problem is that if server is empty, no one will join it.

Unfortunately eveyone refresh theyr favorite list of servers, see craggy empty, and then join other servers. I have seen lots of times, when my friends list with irish lads has plenty online, but all are all over the place.

Problem, minimum 4 player start ( which is not to be blamed by craggy and its admins ) to play. I bet if there would be atleast 1 or 2 people on server, others will pour in.

Craggy is one of the busiest irish servers. It's organised to fill 4 nights per week.

The 4-person minimum ****ed everyone. It was an idiotic solution to boosters and EA got a lot of flak for it. Good News that they are removing it in the upcoming patch so the seeding issues will soon be history.

In the meantime, we are organising a roster to seed the server. The idle kick is a problem.

Our current solution is to populate the TS server. You can always stay on our TS server and loiter in another game OR hang around for 5-10 mins. If everyone makes an effort to pull together, we are assured a cracking server all the time. If everyone wants instant gratification then they only have themselves to blame when no single Irish server is filled.

Teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391306744533/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Craggy is one of the busiest irish servers. It's organised to fill 4 nights per week.

The 4-person minimum ****ed everyone. It was an idiotic solution to boosters and EA got a lot of flak for it. Good News that they are removing it in the upcoming patch so the seeding issues will soon be history.

In the meantime, we are organising a roster to seed the server. The idle kick is a problem.

Our current solution is to populate the TS server. You can always stay on our TS server and loiter in another game OR hang around for 5-10 mins. If everyone makes an effort to pull together, we are assured a cracking server all the time. If everyone wants instant gratification then they only have themselves to blame when no single Irish server is filled.

Teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391306744533/

i love this server and i really love that you are taking so much effort in to it.

if they do remove that crapy 4 player start, then you will be flying. i will join just to **** around with helicopters, while waiting for the rest of the lads. ( Cowsnipples are not very good at flying, shhhhhhhhh)

• Advertisement

i love this server and i really love that you are taking so much effort in to it.

if they do remove that crapy 4 player start, then you will be flying. i will join just to **** around with helicopters, while waiting for the rest of the lads. ( Cowsnipples are not very good at flying, shhhhhhhhh)

Thanks shadow; much appreciated. :D

Madcowsnipple vulnerable in a helicopter ??? mmmmmmmmm
    Good to know that. I have a few scores to settle with HIM !!!! :eek:

CRAGGY

Server crashed last night and despite four restarts, it crashed a minute into the game.

Since we introduced stability precautions last week, this was the first time we attempted dynamic map changes via BF3CC. Up to that point, we had no stability issues.

Unless the new patch fixes this issue, we will not do dynamic map changes again. NO NAY NEVER !!!!

I sent off a TT to our provider to see if they have anything to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Few in the boards.ie server now if anyones up for a few games :)

CRAGGY

KARKAND DLC: Tue 13/12/2012 Patch R12 is going in as 15:00 today.

We will go full whack on the new DLC maps for the rest of the week.
    To give everyone a good taste, we'll cycle them at x2

Strike At Karkand
    Gulf of Oman
    Sharqi Peninsula
    Wake Island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

CRAGGY

KARKAND DLC: Tue 13/12/2012 Patch R12 is going in as 15:00 today.We will go full whack on the new DLC maps for the rest of the week. To give everyone a good taste, we'll cycle them at x2Strike At KarkandGulf of OmanSharqi PeninsulaWake Island
    Mighty! Tonight, yes? :)

• Advertisement

CRAGGY

Oh Yeah Baby !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

CRAGGY-ISLAND IRISH BF3 Server

NEW YEARS REVOLUTION:

We are introducing a weekly Friday novelty night to brush off those post-Xmas blues.

Tomorrow (Friday) we will run an infantry-only server rotating five in-yer-face maps from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am.

These should be pretty intense and we will boost the pace with instant respawn.

Seine Crossing
    Damavand Peak
    Sharqi Peninsula
    Grand Bazaar
    Back to Karkand

CAN YOU LAST THE PACE ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

Jonny7 wrote: »
    funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

LOL, Jonny. Looing forward to seeing you ;)

BTW major craic on teamspeak so hook in if you can on:
    teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Good round on Damavand Peak there last night lads close stuff ha..was on the TS but had no mic waiting for my new headset to arrive :( think i was being accused of wallhacking by someone at some stage :D

IgsTer wrote: »
    Good round on Damavand Peak there last night lads close stuff ha..was on the TS but had no mic waiting for my new headset to arrive :( think i was being accused of wallhacking by someone at some stage :D

LOL. No one accused you of WH but I did wonder aloud, to the lads on TS, at one stage because you are seriously good in armour.
    Next time you're on I'm definitely going to squad up with you as your engineer and kick Astro's ass.

BTW you on Friday night? It might feel a bit naked for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

LOL

Well I defended ya ... you had a score of 9-4 at the time :-) hardly screams of wallhacks:-)

So thats an apology paddy is it ?

/pulls up seat and opens popcorn

MR DAZ wrote: »
    LOL

Well I defended ya ... you had a score of 9-4 at the time :-) hardly screams of wallhacks:-)

So thats an apology paddy is it ?

/pulls up seat and opens popcorn

No apology required, dazza. :cool: I was simply doing my job as lead admin
    I noted on TS that I was monitoring someone for possible WH because of two anomalies.
    Once Duty of Care was satisfied, I continued playing and getting owned by him.:eek:

BTW your point of 9-4 was moot; he had the highest score and the lowest rank. FYI skillful WH is not necessarily reflected in huge scores.
    Here's an amusing link. Read the Mokado708 post and the answer from Ace42
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2316602&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

well you should be well up on all that ;) ....... being an Admin etc

• Advertisement

Haha cheers yeah I was just getting a laugh out of it ha think i just had a lucky round tbh doh :)

wont be able to make tomorro nite im a bit random when it comes to playing with work and that i never know when im going to get a chance to play but should be on hopefully during the weekend for a few games.. great server when it does get going :)

is there any set nights that yous all jump on for few games each week? or is it just random?

MR DAZ wrote: »
    well you should be well up on all that ;) ....... being an Admin etc

You'd better believe it sonny ;)

The link is hilarious. I continued reading it into further pages and it's a classic.

Haha cheers yeah I was just getting a laugh out of it ha think i just had a lucky round tbh doh :)

wont be able to make tomorro nite im a bit random when it comes to playing with work and that i never know when im going to get a chance to play but should be on hopefully during the weekend for a few games.. great server when it does get going :)

is there any set nights that yous all jump on for few games each week? or is it just random?

It got slack over Christmas; obviously other distractions.
    Normally Monday and Friday nights are good nights after 9.
    We are starting the novelty Fridays so that could get interesting (Tomorrow is Infantry Night and the the following Friday will be Anarchy Night - base rape, camping, stealing, noobing, jihad Jets etc)
    Join the Craggy-Island platoon and hook into the friends list

Sunday afternoon gets heavy attention and very late sunday night.

Yeah I just applyed there for the platoon will have to add few yous from last night

Novelty fridays sounds intersting will have to try me best to get on for some of those..sundays are never really a problem so ill see yous all then. Hopefully my new headset will arrive tomorrow with some luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah I just applyed there for the platoon will have to add few yous from last night

Novelty fridays sounds intersting will have to try me best to get on for some of those..sundays are never really a problem so ill see yous all then. Hopefully my new headset will arrive tomorrow with some luck!

Access granted..welcome to the platoon mate :)...now hand over those tags ;)

CRAGGY-ISLAND INFANTRY NIGHT

Server configured for Infantry Night, tonight. It should be very interesting :D

Spawn time is instant, you can spawn on any squad mate, friendly fire is on (ouch),
    vehicles are disabled and.......wait for it.....kick on 5 team kills (ouch, ouch) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

.kick on 5 team kills (ouch, ouch) :eek:

We will let you in again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Be on later drunk throwing ammo boxes at the enemy.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Be on later drunk throwing ammo boxes at the enemy.

Actually that sounds like a good plan. I have some pint (ahem Litre) bottles of Bulmers chilling nicely.
    I think that CapaillMor will start ahead of us..... eh Horse?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I heard the conversation regarding monitoring him, and sayin he had lowest rank but high score...for which I laughed out loud to myself :P

Also, please stop referring to me as KittenRescue when I'm flying....sometimes he's not even on the server and all I can hear it "Kittenrescue is flying over the mountain again, kittenrescue is in the tunnel, ...yous have a hard on for him :P "

and is Seán-der-Mann ....., not seender, or sander :P hahah

I'm enjoying the bouts on TS though and the craggy server though :):D

Advertisement