Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Deal

Options
  • 06-09-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have noticed that EP are doing a deal for E699 for installation, 8 sensors, and E18.75 pm for the first year. My house is a 3 bed semi with a standard unmonitored alarm system. I am wondering if this represents good value or not as I have previously known of householders who paid E1500. Would appreciate input from anyone with knowledge of same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You're paying a premium for the name, shop around as there are far better deals out there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also insist on a physical survey. In most cases the 8 devices only include standard sensors and not contacts. They will rapidly make up the difference if you want extra. That offer will probably not include an external bell, that is a must, make sure to ask how much extra that is. Get in writing what you are getting including what the monitoring fees will be, what's included in the service & how much additional call outs will cost. Oh yeah,if you are getting monitoring be sure to ask will they be happy to monitor your alarm over competitors lines. Eg "If I move to UPC will you try force me to keep by Eircom line by refusing to monitor over UPC line. They may also try to sell you a GSM digi. Ask them are they not aware of the risks re jamming.
    After all that get another 2 quotes & compare. As jnealon said, you will find there is much better value to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shadow23

When we got our alarm installed they had a deal to pay over 3 years. Sounded good at the time. When this expired after paying through our teeth when all added up they wanted €28 per month for the monitoring and maintenance of the alarm. In this climate they would be lucky to get that off anyone. We just have it as a standard alarm although they wanted extra to disconnect the phone line from the alarm. We now get the odd letter of special deals €25 per month. Still expensive when all added up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

rushfan wrote: »
    Hi all. I have noticed that EP are doing a deal for E699 for installation, 8 sensors, and E18.75 pm for the first year. My house is a 3 bed semi with a standard unmonitored alarm system. I am wondering if this represents good value or not as I have previously known of householders who paid E1500. Would appreciate input from anyone with knowledge of same.

I have to laugh at this price, €18.75 pm. This is the charge for the maintenance and monitoring. Why should you have to pay for maintenance in the first year if it is a new system that is installed. Surely there is a warranty with the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You are paying up front for your monitoring and pmv at year end, seems fair enough to me

• Advertisement

Jnealon wrote: »
    You are paying up front for your monitoring and pmv at year end, seems fair enough to me

E699 for installation, 8 sensors.
    E18.75 pm for the first year. €225.

It does not appear that way to me. What is pmv ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

my mate has PW . none of the sensors are shock sensors. the bell is live but has no L.E.D.S . when setting it for night time he has to listen to the panel beep for 20 sec. the alarm is great but just badly set up ( my opinion) . its an expensive company to deal with. the alarm they use is great...but the costs in the long run are not so great.. defo get other quotes! if you like the alarm they use try and see if a different company supplies them.;)

What system has he installed, has he tried to turn the volume down ?

the simon xt.. but it should be set up so that when he presses the doors and windows button twice the system arms instantly with just the doors and windows on. anyway eircom PW say the the simon xt is brand new.. the panel has been out 4 years and ge have now updated it

http://www.pinnacleprotection.com/_uploads/site/SimonXTv2_User_Manual.pdf

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=simon+xt&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1252&bih=554&tbm=isch&tbnid=bMdrBepqI-nPQM:&imgrefurl=http://www.securityconnectionofgeorgiacarolina.com/services.php&docid=ysBM-GBD9X8SBM&w=250&h=250&ei=yB5pTpTYB8Gd-QaQ3IzLCw&zoom=1

the simon xt.. but it should be set up so that when he presses the doors and windows button twice the system arms instantly with just the doors and windows on. anyway eircom PW say the the simon xt is brand new.. the panel has been out 4 years and ge have now updated it

http://www.pinnacleprotection.com/_uploads/site/SimonXTv2_User_Manual.pdf

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=simon+xt&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1252&bih=554&tbm=isch&tbnid=bMdrBepqI-nPQM:&imgrefurl=http://www.securityconnectionofgeorgiacarolina.com/services.php&docid=ysBM-GBD9X8SBM&w=250&h=250&ei=yB5pTpTYB8Gd-QaQ3IzLCw&zoom=1

It is new to them :D Does pressing the silent button not silent the beeps ?

Same sensors on either panel :eek:

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »

Same sensors on either panel :eek:

do u mean same sensors on the one setting?? doors and windows + motion
    .sure my nan has 10 windows and 2 doors and was told 3 contacts and 3 beams were enough:mad:..haa they only care about money and not customer satisfaction.....

do u mean same sensors on the one setting?? doors and windows + motion
    .sure my nan has 10 windows and 2 doors and was told 3 contacts and 3 beams were enough:mad:..haa they only care about money and not customer satisfaction.....

On the XT when you arm the system if you press silent it will stop the beeps.
    All she bought was the name on the bell box.

On the XT when you arm the system if you press silent it will stop the beeps.
    All she bought was the name on the bell box.
    haa dummy bell box btw:rolleyes: ...i dont think they take pride in there work. also they wont use any existing equipment

haa dummy bell box btw:rolleyes: ...i dont think they take pride in there work. also they wont use any existing equipment

Thats how they cut the cost with there good deals they have. They will charge €260 for the privilege of a live bell.

tis a disgrace i say !!!:D especially since alot of the time they rely on gsm

They are not far off writing the rules ;)

we had a salesperson call here last year when i had the 8/12 panel in... i asked him what was wrong with the alarm we had....
    1.. it didnt have the medical buttons
    2.. the external bell was useless.
    3.. it couldnt be connected to PW.

we had a salesperson call here last year when i had the 8/12 panel in... i asked him what was wrong with the alarm we had....
    1.. it didnt have the medical buttons
    2.. the external bell was useless.
    3.. it couldnt be connected to PW.

Sure, they still install the 8/12 for wired jobs. Just looking for a sale of a wire free system I bet.

yup..he tried his best.. but then i confused him and asked him to leave:D

yup..he tried his best.. but then i confused him and asked him to leave:D

Not very hard as they really dont know much about the system they are trying to sell.
    They are sales men, not security experts

• Advertisement

exactly what i said to him!!:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have got to love them.
    I had one telling me one night to take out a SigNET 220 & replace it all with wireless.
    When I asked for a price for my 20 odd zones and how would my X10 devices work, & what frequency are the wireless & can I have 3 extra keypads , he ran.:D

exactly what i said to him!!:D

Even you as a apprentice would know more or have a better chance of selling there system.

i like that 'Apprentice' sounds good:D i think i possibly do! and i will buy one from you very soon to expand my knowledge ;) and eventually take over the world!!<
    maybe to much?????

i like that 'Apprentice' sounds good:D i think i possibly do! and i will buy one from you very soon to expand my knowledge ;) and eventually take over the world!!<
    maybe to much?????

Who knows Thunderbird2, you may even go into competition with me :D

Who knows Thunderbird2, you may even go into competition with me :D

no competition Altor !:Dhaha( i could do it with my hands tied);)
    haha only messing i still have much to learn!!

sure just ask me something about gsm or diallers and im lost before i even realize what was said!!

no competition Altor !:Dhaha( i could do it with my hands tied);)
    haha only messing i still have much to learn!!

I would say you know more than a few apprentices I know ;)

does eircom use aritech sensors??

• Advertisement

does eircom use aritech sensors??

They are UTC now :D Same sensors.

Advertisement