Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gambling account unhelpful to mortgage application?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I have a PP Online account. I would bet between 20 to 100 per month on football/horse racing. I have never put in more money than I have taken out per month so you could say I'm in a plus all the time.

Would it look bad when I am applying for a mortgage that I have a online gambling account and should I quit it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

How would they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

cookie1977 wrote: »
    How would they know?

Would the bank want to look at my bank statements and stuff. It comes up Paddy Power on my current a/c statement every month for the cash deposits I put on my gambling account

I dont think it'll matter too much. As long as you've more going in then going out. People do gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Article in the paper a couple of days ago saying it wont look good asking your lender to restructure if you have pp on your statement.

In my personal opinion I don't think it would look great from a new application perspective either.

Stopping now isn't going to do much since they probably will get to see the last quarter of your yearly transactions. If it's your own bank you're applying to then they can see everything.
    Mortgages are hard enough to get at the moment anyway. But if you've good saving and a good income with no property to sell (or in negative equity) spending 20-100 euro a month on some online gambling is probably not going to knock you out of the running.

Maybe speak to a broker for advice and they can look at your overall financial situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I have a PP Online account. I would bet between 20 to 100 per month on football/horse racing. I have never put in more money than I have taken out per month so you could say I'm in a plus all the time.

Would it look bad when I am applying for a mortgage that I have a online gambling account and should I quit it?

thanks

It will matter. Un written rule to be careful with those folk with these type of transactions on their account. 6 month history will be looked at.

Over all it depends on what your looking for from the bank.

Advertisement