Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WORKING BELL BOX

Options
  • 06-09-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi, can a working bell box with flashing lights be added to my phonewatch alarm system ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What Eircom system do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shadow23

It just says phonewatch on it ?

It seems to be a concord panel from looking at other threads here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Simon Panel looks like this
    simon3.jpg

No that is not it. It is white and has two plastic things sticking up on top. From looking at the other thread is seems to be a concord panel.
    Do you know if a bell can be added as I cant seem to find any information on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

shadow23 wrote: »
    No that is not it. It is white and has two plastic things sticking up on top. From looking at the other thread is seems to be a concord panel.
    Do you know if a bell can be added as I cant seem to find any information on it ?

A global external bell can be added to this system, you would need engineer access to the alarm to configure the settings to allow it to work correctly.

Thank you altor. Is the bell wireless for this system ?

The global external bell would be wired. You could get a wireless bell kit to work , but more hassle & money than its worth.

Thank you. I have no problem paying for it once it rings and has a flashing light. How much fitted compared to a wired one ?

Global wireless bells on their own are around €150 . Have you looked at wiring it?

• Advertisement

Is that a fitted price ? To get a cable from where the panel is to where I want the bell would take some doing.

Is that a fitted price ? To get a cable from where the panel is to where I want the bell would take some doing.

It would be better to get a cable from the panel to the external bell. I know the wire free one is an option but it does not look great compare to a wired bell. It will also save the need for changing the batteries in the bell every 3 years. Less if you have a lot of activations.

You should get someone out to look at your options. Wiring may not be as difficult as you
    Think .

The wire free bell does not look great. How much would it be to get a wired bell cabled for and fitted ?

Like I said , best to get someone out & see what's involved. Ill bet there is an easier option you haven't noticed.

The wire free bell does not look great. How much would it be to get a wired bell cabled for and fitted ?

It really would depend on what needs to be done to get the cable from the control panel to where you want the bell. A wired bell off this system is the best option as the wire free one does not look great :D

Just to get back with the result of my new outside bell box. Had Altor out late Friday evening, he advised me on the best route for a cable for the outside bell. Had not thought it possible to hide the cable so well with mini trunken.
    Thank you again Altor. Would definitively recommend you to family and friends as you know what your doing and your work was very neat and tidy.

10 out of 10.

Shadow23

Just to get back with the result of my new outside bell box. Had Altor out late Friday evening, he advised me on the best route for a cable for the outside bell. Had not thought it possible to hide the cable so well with mini trunken.
    Thank you again Altor. Would definitively recommend you to family and friends as you know what your doing and your work was very neat and tidy.

10 out of 10.

Shadow23

Your welcome shadow23, always happy to help :D

Advertisement